YF-19 "Demonstrator"

This is the Hasegawa 1:72 scale kit.

I am taking some new pictures of old Sci Fi kits and I thought that I would post these. I built this kit last year when I was but a lurker so it was not posted.

I don't know anything about Macross, I never watched the show. I do like the aircraft though and have a few of the kits in my stash. I decided to change it from the blue/white demonstrator scheme included in the kit. I used a mix of kit decals and the Starship Modeler nose art series 1 decal (Gunslinger/Superfly) for the back of the YF-19. I decided to paint the kit in a green/tan camo to match the decal.

YF-193609.jpg

YF-193605.jpg

YF-193606.jpg

YF-193604.jpg

YF-193614.jpg

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

Els

I have the DVDs the YF-19 came from, Macross Plus. It takes place about 20 years after the original Macross story, about a fly-off between the YF-19 and the YF-21 with some love drama, then saving the world from a computer program.

I really like the green fracture camo. It looks like one of the Haseagawa Idolmaster jets.

• 1 month later...

All,

Its been a while since I posted this and I kind of forgot about it.

Thanks for the compliments. There was a lot of masking on this kit, I am glad that you like it.

Oroka,

who did the F-18 artwork on your signature? That is cool.

Els

Nice Job. I am working on the 1/48 one at the moment.

All,

Its been a while since I posted this and I kind of forgot about it.

Thanks for the compliments. There was a lot of masking on this kit, I am glad that you like it.

Oroka,

who did the F-18 artwork on your signature? That is cool.

Els

• 1 month later...
This is the Hasegawa 1:72 scale kit.

I am taking some new pictures of old Sci Fi kits and I thought that I would post these. I built this kit last year when I was but a lurker so it was not posted.

I don't know anything about Macross, I never watched the show. I do like the aircraft though and have a few of the kits in my stash. I decided to change it from the blue/white demonstrator scheme included in the kit. I used a mix of kit decals and the Starship Modeler nose art series 1 decal (Gunslinger/Superfly) for the back of the YF-19. I decided to paint the kit in a green/tan camo to match the decal.

YF-193609.jpg

YF-193605.jpg

YF-193606.jpg

YF-193604.jpg

YF-193614.jpg

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

Els

Very nice. Must stop from getting that VF-25 out of the stash, building something right now.