Hungarian cockpit colours

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the ARC, so go easy on me. Been modelling for the last 10 years or so. Usual story, modeled when I was a kid, grew up and discovered girls, till about 33 years, finaly found someone silly enough to marry me. and the rest is history.

Anyway, my question for everyone out there is: I need information on the interior colour of the Hungarian built and services Reggiane r-2000 (Mavag Heja). I cannot find this information anywhere, not in my reference books and online, If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm about to start a 1/72 build of the Legato kit. So if anyone has built this kit and can give me some tips, that would also be great.

Cheer-Leo

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the ARC, so go easy on me. Been modelling for the last 10 years or so. Usual story, modeled when I was a kid, grew up and discovered girls, till about 33 years, finaly found someone silly enough to marry me. and the rest is history.

Anyway, my question for everyone out there is: I need information on the interior colour of the Hungarian built and services Reggiane r-2000 (Mavag Heja). I cannot find this information anywhere, not in my reference books and online, If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm about to start a 1/72 build of the Legato kit. So if anyone has built this kit and can give me some tips, that would also be great.

Cheer-Leo

Welcome Leo to ARC Forums. I must say that this is a tough one. You could either paint the cockpit Italian Interior Green or some shade of gray. Does the kit's instructions give any suggestion of what color to use? If you go with the green shade you can check out Stormo.com, an excellent source on the Regia Aeronautica and Italian aircraft to get an FS match to Italian Interior Green.

Welcome Leo to ARC Forums. I must say that this is a tough one. You could either paint the cockpit Italian Interior Green or some shade of gray. Does the kit's instructions give any suggestion of what color to use? If you go with the green shade you can check out Stormo.com, an excellent source on the Regia Aeronautica and Italian aircraft to get an FS match to Italian Interior Green.

Hi Chrism,

Thanks for the reply, The kit has no interior painting instructions. As this will be a club entry I need to get my facts right. Great Idea, contact Stormo.com. If anyone would know it would be them. Thanks for your imput.

Cheers - Leo

:D, Welcome to the forums Leo. I've just had a look at my SH Reggiane Re-2000 and it seems that the cockpit of that model looks to be grey and with various other colours including aluminium for the seat, so it could be almost anything, although there were no doubt standards and regulations for the Royal Hungarian Air Force just as there are and were for any other military organization.

:cheers:,

Ross.

• 1 year later...