Upgraded - the Revell Venator

Republic or Emperial  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which in your opinion is the better scheme?

• Republician Red Stripe
    • Emperial Grey

cheers Amen!

I was asked on another forum if they could see the engines lit up and it occurred to me that I hadn't actually taken any photos of them.

Thought I best take care of that

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

I've cut away the sidewall support ready for installation of the trenches. Hopefully I haven't cut away too much!!! :pray:

MH,

Your build is looking most excellent. I found out about your build from someone on the RPF as I am also building this model.

Doing those trenches pieces are right royal pain in the neck.

If you want to see what I have done to date, go to RPF and look up Noumcea. I am sure that we can exchange ideas and tips mate.

Looking forward to more of your work.

thankyou all very much for your kind words - it's very encouraging

Well, here is where I'm up to at the moment. Build progress has been a little bit better this week but still short of achieving the productivity I would like

I'm waiting on my new drill bits to arrive and once they turn up, I can hopefully finish drilling out the "windows"

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

The little orange half round thing is a bead that I found and cut in half. Still more detail to add to it, but it's a start

The power source for the whole kit will be mains powered (12v)so I don't have to worry about changing batteries :D

Hopefully I'll be able to update again this weekend

thanks for tuning in!!

MH

MH,

Your build is looking most excellent. I found out about your build from someone on the RPF as I am also building this model.

Doing those trenches pieces are right royal pain in the neck.

If you want to see what I have done to date, go to RPF and look up Noumcea. I am sure that we can exchange ideas and tips mate.

Looking forward to more of your work.

Now, where are my manners? Welcome aboard!! :D

Funnily enough, I have actually seen your build on RPF but as yet haven't signed up with them (I'm already signed up with about 5 different forums and having trouble keeping up with them all ;) )

I really like what you've done with yours and have even book marked your build - although I haven't been back for a little while and am due for a visit)

Keep up with yours and I look forward to seeing an update from you soon!

MH

I finished off some of the sides last night and decided to take a picture of a piece of styrene that I've been using a lot of to give you an idea of how small some of these cuts are:

IMG_2097.jpg

If you loose one of these forget looking for it and cut a new one ;)

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :)

it's lemon scented glue - not as toxic as the ordinary stuff. A must have when your hunched over a table gluing tiny pieces

it works just the same and is just as strong as regular Tamiya glue :)

does it take longer to dry?

I know the "non-toxic" version fo the Testors cement has a fruity smell and it takes so long to dry compared to the regular version. I may have to give that Tamiya stuff a try.

Edited by blakeh1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Well, just a quick update - I have done a lot more in the time since my last post but I haven't taken as many pictures as I should (which I will try to do this weekend)

I've started the pre-shading on the super structure and have finally finished drilled out all the sidewalls and have only 1 more of the smaller ones to finish threading the fibers

I think I'll get the other back ones finished this week and then I have to finish detailing the larger rear walls before drilling those out, priming and threading. :blink:

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

I'm sorry it's not a very exciting update, but the next one should be better (I hope)

Happy building everyone

MadHatter, this build of yours is phenominal! I just happened across your thread by looking at the latest updates and i'm amazed at what you have achieved here. She really is going to be a beauty once she's finished. Great work!

Wayne

Thanks for dropping in and saying hi guys! I'll be updating it again soon as I've sprayed the first coat of paint onto the superstructure (and am happy with the results so far :woot.gif: .) I'll take pics once I've finished the wash etc and matte coated it. If I find some time to do it this weekend I will take some pics for you.

I'm waiting on my new 10 ft cable of FO's to arrive (Been through 30 feet now :blink: ), so once that's here, I can finish threading the sidewalls

Thanks again for your comments guys - it is always appreciated!

Si :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bullitt - glad you like it so far

Well everyone, it's time for an update - in 3 parts! I know it's been a while, however, together with the obstacles of life and the fact I work at the speed of evolution, I finally have something worth while showing you all.

In a bit of a drastic move, I have ripped out the fibers in the forward section of the top hull plate. I felt there were way too many there but I will reinstall a few here and there - not like it was before:

IMG_2642.jpg

As you can see, I have removed the side trench supports ready for the sidewalls to go in:

IMG_2636.jpg

This is how I'll be installing the mounting bracket. At the moment, it swings around in a free for all, but once its ready, I'll super glue it so it won't move:

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

I have finished threading the smaller sidewalls and have even painted all 4 of them:

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

End of part 1 - part 2 coming up!

Edited by The Madhatter