Millenium Falcon wrecked and abandoned

Hi guys, this is work in progress and it was suggested I post some details on here, my idea is an abandoned version of her, straight out of the box but with a few add ons to beef up the poor detailing on some parts, it is all painted with a hairy stick over an aerosol of matt white base......

Hope you approve

Ok here we go,

Falconupdate1.jpg

Falconupdateclose.jpg

Falconupdatelower1.jpg

milleniumupdate.jpg

Updatefalc.jpg

Updatefalc1.jpg

Updatefalc2.jpg

Updatefalcdish.jpg

escape.jpg

cockpit1.jpg

will post more as I progress :lol: hope you like.

Edited by TonyT

Wow, this is some great painting! I love it. I'd thought about trying a crashed vehicle of some sort ever since I saw that guy who did the huge abandoned AT AT walker but I don't know if I have the painting skills to make something look this good or err.. bad...or..well you know what I mean. It's awesome.

keep the pics coming.

Bill

TonyT,

I really like your painting. It definitely looks abandoned.

Don't ge me wrong, I think the Millenium Falcon is one of the coolest looking ships out there, but I have seen a million pictures of it built up. It's nice to see a new spin on an old subject.

Els

Cheese und Cr-rackers!! This is in-cred-i-ble!!

More details ... how long did it take you, what materials did you use ... chalks, pastels, lard ( :rolleyes: ) sponges ...??

I don't see any damaged edges or surfaces ... are there any or is the effect just an optical illusion. If there is surface damage, you did it ... how?

Great job lad.

Pete

Thanks guys,

Suprisingly it is only about 4 basic colours, and they are Vallejo Acrylics, I simply paint , seal with Humbrol matt rattlecan varnish add a wash, seal, add another etc and build it up, goes on really easy and builds up well, suprisingly it does not take a lot of time. matt was also sprayed over the window panes in various amounts to simulate aged glass, a tint of paint was also added on the odd one between coats.

On the underside I left a couple of panels in grey primer and also sprayed one or two in red primer then added the white to the rest as the basis to add repairs etc......... but everything over it, the rust the lot is painted on by brush, no damage added, just paint B) the sides i added a load of bitsfrom my junk spares box, you might spot a Revell Zero u/c leg on one side :thumbsup:

I tried a bit of Mig rust on one section but felt i could do better with the basic colours I was using so went back to those I did a little technique photo guide on scifi modeller if you want me to copy it over to here for you.....

Thanks for all of the kind comments :D

Very well done! It reminded me of a short story in one of the later SW comics where Han, Chewie, and the Falcon are thrown WAAAAY of course and end up crashing on primitive planet in a forested region. They never manage to repair the ship, and a century or so later an archeologist (always in shadow, but wears a fedora, carries a bullwhip, and has a little Asian kid as a sidekick) finds the wreck and Han's skeleton, while searching for "Bigfoot" which of course is Chewie, still standing vigil over his friend's resting place.

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...