My first attempt at making a profile

well I was looking at the proflie and I had a feeling something was missing... of course, dumbass, the stabilizers... so I attached those, painted the cockpit parts, removed the paint from the exhaust area - will have to redo that bit... and I added some shadows... looks MUCH better now - what do you think?

profil3.jpg

Maybe this will help you: Try to do the highlight and shading layer with a blue or red background and check out the photos on (maybe) airliners.net. Not every part on the plane needs the same strong highlight or shading layer. Under the wing, the shading layer should be more black. But you're on the right way!

0015.jpg

OK, some progress...

I didn't use the photo, Swiss used as an example, but found another one on the Airliners.net, which is of 9.13 version and the aircraft is not glossy as is the Polish example on the above photo... I admit I was working on shadows and highlights with a bit of artistice license before... I also used the blue airframe trick and it helped a lot. Thanks again for the tips!

Here is the result!

profil7.jpg