Is this new boxart for Monogram 1/48 F-4C?

Monogram is owned by Revell which is owned by Hobbico. The two brands were merged together in the early 90's known as Revell/Monogram. The Monogram brand name was given a back seat to Revell but the molds are still being used by Revell and Revell of Germany (a separate and independent company. Both share molds and distribute each others products). Revell of Germany is the stronger of the two Revells, as they are more aggressive at releasing new tooled products. Hobbico IMO just doesn't understand the gem they own in Revell/Monogram. Their primary interest is in R/C.

This is a rerelease of an existing kit...nothing new except decals.

I'm just glad they're still using the Monogram name ...

Gregg

That's because Hobbico is busy destroying the Revell name with every stupid idea they can come up with. Revell pinewood derby, Revell slot cars, Revell science projects, Revell r/c products. Oh they know the gem of a name they bought. They are currently dragging it down to the depths of hell. It wouldn't be so bad if they were attaching "Quality" products to the name, but the JUNK they are putting out is shameful and a disgrace to the name. And I have made them aware of my feelings as well, to deaf ears.

Edited by steel_tiger1
How many of us remember the horror way back when at the news that the toy company Mattel had acquired our prescious Monogram? Those were the days when we were trying to "educate" the non-modleing public that "a model is not a toy".

I remember those days! I have not seen a "new" Monogram labeled kit in quite a while usually it is a Monogram original in a Revell box.