Afghanistan British Para with a Gimpy

Ok guys I am back, :D

Anyway, I digress, I bought a 200mm Resin Afghanistan British Para with a Gimpy off evilbay and part of the sale price went to Help the Heros........ have thought about that I have decided to build, paint, mount and sell it back on evilbay and donate whatever it makes to Help the Heroes.. sort of a double wammy, now to make this worse for myself I decided to paint it, the lot........ I can tell you doing the Union Jack on his arm was fun, but painting the netting over his camo on the helmet had my eyes on storks lol, but I think it works...... ok arm and head on bluetack at the moment but these are work in progress, enjoy and feel free to comment/offer advice etc...

ParaAfghan.jpg

ParaAfghanside.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

About time for an update, have been working on my Help for Heroes figure (200MM) and have started weathering it, I have also started addding some scratchbuilt bits such as extra straps on his Osprey armour and also pens etc...... My heart is still out on if weathering it is the way to go and I may strip it and redo as a pristine uniform..... anyway, this is how he looks at the moment, but it isn't finished...... sorry for crappy pics, will do some more.

FrontAfghansoldier.jpg

RightAfghanSoldier.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It looks good in a worn condition.

Now, not knowing much of anything about the British military and I build from my war and right after it, a couple wars behind (Vietnam), what the heck is a gimpy?

Correct and seeing a lot of service with the US forces in the sandpit as it is proving to adapt more than the M60 to the conditions I believe....... Prounounced Gympy and not as the spelling suggests... used to use one off and on :thumbsup:

Correct and seeing a lot of service with the US forces in the sandpit as it is proving to adapt more than the M60 to the conditions I believe....... Prounounced Gympy and not as the spelling suggests... used to use one off and on :cheers:

The M-60 was known as the "Pig" and with good reason. It jammed if you looked at it wrong the way. The -240 is a great weapon. Much better in dusty / dirty climates. The US should have bought it back in the 60's but went with the M-60 because it was "made in the USA".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...