Telford 2010 thread? Is there one?

I have just returned, too much to see in one day! Things of interest(?):

Airfix

Displayed their 48 Sea Vixen which should be available next week (saw none for sale)

Displayed test shots of the Spitfire & Seafire in 48 scale. Look very nice to me, should be out around March 2011

Also displayed test shots of the 72 scale valiant, again looks good and should be out next March

Showed resin mock ups of the 48 scale Lynx, these look very nice but won't be out until Summer 2011

Revell

1/72 B-17 is out and for sale everywhere!

Showed a mock up of the 32 scale Hawk which looks nice

Kinetic

48 scale Mirage 2000 was for sale at Hannants

I also had a very brief chat with thew Aviation Workshop guys and they indicated that next year someone may release (or at least are considering) 48 scale Jet Provost T5 and Folland Gnat!! Lets hope.

Others please feel free to add

ForestFan

Just got back from a great day out at SMW. Saw the decal-art for the Slovak Mig-29 digi-camo scheme for the forthcoming Academy re-release, but then saw and bought the Kopro decal sheets of the same scheme (monochrome scheme in 1/72, red/blue scheme in 1/48), so I was very pleased with those. Also got a couple of hard-to-find 1/200 747 kits (ANA whale scheme and ANA Pokemon "Pocket Monsters" scheme) at bargain prices; Revell 1/144 767-300ER in Gulf-Air / SAS markings for a tenner ($16) and Hasegawa 1/200 777-200 Singapore Airlines Jubilee scheme for less! I also found the Hobbyboss Tornado ADV for £25 ($40) so all in all, I was pleased.

There were so many excellent models on display, but IMHO the stars of the show were a beautifully finished 1/72 Matchbox Privateer in one of the general halls, and a truly astonishing diorama of a crashed MC-130 Combat Talon modelled in 1/48 scale finished to perfection, in the competitions area. There'll be photos around within the next day or two I'm sure - maybe not of the Privateer, but certainly of the MC-130!

Hairy thing for us was the traffic, which was queued about a mile back from the show.

Wonderland models were doing great business like Revell Mosquitos for £9.99 (from £16.99). Eduard folks were selling A8/R2 Weekend Wulfs for half price, too :thumbsup:

Either HLJ or the people next to them were selling very pretty little Doyusha 1/100 Japanese fighters for £1 a shot, I'd not seen these before but they are lovely...

Had a time, spent way too much, saw much fine work - usual gig.

Patrick

PS T

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...=58690&st=0

Photo report. Mostly of Airfix kits, including the new 48th Lynx (HMA 8) and the Griffon Engined Spits.

First pic of the Lynx I have seen.

IMG_2355.jpg

Pic thanks to Dave (SHAR2) over on Britmodeller

Edited by Matt Roberts

I am really very psyched about the Sea Vixen, so much so that I placed a pre-order for two yesterday. I've also ordered two sets of the Xtradecal sheets for that said kit. However, if those rumors prove true about the Jet Provost and Gnat, I'll have to give them a go as well!

Rick