M2A2 and MLRS unit marking assistance

Hi all.

I have started on a few 1/144 aircraft (some are in process of being finished, some are done and waiting for others) and I thought I would get one of Dragon's Panzer Korps packs to try out. This one is #24 M2A2 and MLRS.

The first is purportedly a M2A2 yet there are vents that appear to match more to the M2A3. My biggest bugbear are the markings included - I have not a clue if 2 11> is actually for the 4th Infantry division in Samara during OP. Iraqi Freedom.

the 44> is for the MLRS and I don't know if that matches either.

decal1.jpg

decal2.jpg

There is information on the interweb... just that it is blimmin confusing. From what I can see (probably badly interpreting the numbers) there was not 2-11 associated with 4ID in Iraq at that time (roughly 2003)

Help please :worship:

I don't know about the Bradley, but the MLRS makings are correct. I was a battery commander in 1-39FA (MLRS), 3ID during the initial invasion of Iraq. Our Bn ID number was 40. 44 was D BTRY.

Here is a pic of a D BTRY, 1-39FA (MLRS) launcher in Iraq.

MLRS4.jpg

As you can see in the pic, the winged griffon above the shovel was on both sides. The griffon is the Bn symbol for 3-313 FA from Ft Sill, OK. 1-39 FA was rounded out by C BTRY, 3-313 FA. At the time, the MLRS Bns were deigned to be 2 active duty batteries and would have a third National Guard battery round out the Bn in time of war. Our deisgnated NG round out battery wasn't ready to go, so we got another active duty battery. 1-39's Bn symbol was a red Pheonix rising out of flames. The 3 I 1-39F is appropriate, along w/the D 12. I don't remember any other specific markings on them

Edited by HeavyArty

irony!

My family coat of arms has as a main feature a demi-griffen!

Thanks for the selection of the markings for the MLRS..

A small but interesting lesson and 'up close and personal'

Btw... thanks for your efforts too... folks in places like NZ appreciate as well. :)