This is venturing into completely unknown territory for me, as I haven't built anything American since I was a kid... but I'm in for this one: centennial of naval aviation is a subject I think no aviation fan can ignore! ;)

So I'll be in on this one with a 1/72 RA-5C with SuperScale decals for RVAH-11.

i will be building and ill start after Xmas. i will be building the 2 VF-41 jets know as fast eagle 102 and 107. at the time of the incident using the detail and scale decals in 1/48. and using the original monogram kits. i will try and post pictures if photo bucket doesn't give me any problems. if it dose than i will just do written descriptions of the build and will change parts on the kits to fix what it think needs to be fixed or changed to look better.

I have enough Navy stuff in my stash to be busy for the GB length.

Trumpeter 1/32 SBD-5 Dauntless

Hasegawa 1/48 F-4S Phantom II

Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18F SuperHornet

I can throw in the S-3, E-2C and F-14D if I feel like it :rofl:

Hello guys, I think that I will participate in this great GB!

I have a lot of Navy/Marines birds in my stash,all in 1/72 and precisely:

- Fujimi A-4E with decal of VA-212 for the first Walleye mission

- Fujimi A-4C of VA-22

- Fujimi TA-4J of Marines H&MS-11 FastFAC

- Fujimi A-7E of VA-113

- HB A-7B of VA-93

-Hasegawa F-4B VF-51 MiG killer

- Hasegawa F-14D

- Fujimi F-14A

I think to start with one of the Scooter,probably the two-seater but I have a problem relatively to the Tomcat decals:

- for the Fujimi I would like to realize a VF-111 TCS-equipped airframe ( I love the nose profile of this configuration ) but the kit supplyed the marking for a hi-viz bird ( but with lo-viz star & bars )without TCS.

- for the Hase one I planning to make a Black Lions during OEF

the problem is that I could not find the decals that I need anywhere. Can anyone help me in any way?

For those interested could make an exchange, the decals of the Fujimi kit presents interesting choices such as the aforementioned Sundowners CAG birds, a IRIAF/IRAf one and the two VF-41 Libyan Sukhoi killers.

Happy New Year to all,Gianni :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in with a threesome of Big Grumman 'Cats

All in 32nd scale

Revell F4F-4 Wildcat - VF-11 Sundowners

Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat - VF-27 "Paper Doll"

Revell F-14A Tomcat - VF-84 Jolly Rogers

Ohhh, a 1/32 F4F-4 Wildcat???!!!! NICE! :D

Mods,

I started this in September or October. It's F-toys 1/144th JRF-5 Goose. I've stripped it, taken it apart, and added some scratch building. I'm still far from finished. However, am I too far along for the GB?

DSCN3606.jpg

DSCN3621.jpg

Thanks,

John

Okay, Scooter is in. Last to the build finish line buys the beer.

Subject - Hasegawa TA-4J in the markings of 158085 assigned to VT-22 and painted to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Naval Aviation. Picture of this bird can be found on page 45 of C&M Vol 18 Colorful U.S. Navy A-4 Skyhawks. Decal sheet is the Microscale sheet 48-311.

Will start once I finish the current TA-4H build and post on web-site - Project Skyhawk

After acquiring a few more kits in the last few months I will update my subject list. I now have 10 US Navy subjects, 9 are Tomcats. Since the GB is so long my goal will be to complete as many of these as possible. I will start with the kits that are going to be OOB since I am still waiting for some AM for the other kits. First up will be the 1/72 F-14D.

Here is what I have.

1/72

Academy Wildcat (OOB)

Hasegawa F-14A SP2 (Fujimi VF-84 Decals, AM Cockpit)

Hasegawa F-14A+ (Kit decals or AM VF-103 Decals)

Hasegawa F-14D VF-2 Final Cruise Boxing (Traded decals with Kurnass77 for VF-101 Grim Reapers, otherwise OOB)

1/48

Revell F-14A(early) VF-142 Ghost Riders (Change for VF-84 Decals? Still undecided)

Revell F-14D Super Tomcat (OOB)

Fujimi F-14A Sundowners (VF-84 Kit decals or AM Decals) (Want AM cockpit before starting)

Academy F-14A Bombcat (OOB)

1/32

Tamiya F-14A (’80s kit, Will upgrade to F-14B, AM decals for VF-103 Santa Cat 1996)

Revell F-14A (use Tamiya VF-84 decals if possible, otherwise OOB)

My only question is about the large scale Tomcats. Unfortunately, the only way I could afford them was to buy them used and partially started. However, I will be undoing any work done and starting them from scratch. Will that be acceptable?

I hope to get the Grim Reaper started this week-end and will post pics then.

Happy modeling,

Denis

I'm in - 1/144 F/A-18E Dragon, VFA-31 Tomcatters. Just opened the box today and washed the parts. Photos in a build thread this coming weekend.

Plenty more USN in the stash, so with any luck I can finish 2-3 total for this GB. :bandhead2: I just have to get a pesky pre-production A-10 out of the way 1st.

• 3 weeks later...

I amhoping to get involved with another group build besides for this one but for now if you guys will have me I am in with 2 pence worth for now.I have never built a 1/144th but will try it here if you guys will have me with a 1/144 F14 a from academy will build mostly out of box though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm joining in too. Starting off with Hasegawa 1/72 EA-6B Prowler from the K14X box. Not going to be over ambitious, will probably build another once this is done. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be joining in with a couple of 1/72 builds to start with. A CH-46 and a SOC-3.

I'd also like to offer up a few things as raffle prizes:

1/48 Aires Mk F7 seat

1/48 True Details F4U-1D Fast Frames (for the Tamiya kit)

1/48 Two Bobs "Blue By You" Hornets 48-091

Squadron Air War in Iraq Operation Iraqi Freedom

Squadron SBD Dauntless Walkaround

-Dave