ESCI 1/48 MiG-27 Flogger D

Thanks guys. To be honest, this was my worst built. I don't think I did a very good job at preshading as the lines toward the rear of the jet turned out slightly too dark and heavy.

I built that old kit some years ago and I can say yours turned out fine. The engine and its associated "gear" back in the rear, means your heavy lines go a long way to calling attention to what is normally a grungy area. Get some charcoal pencils and Q-tips and add some streaking from the panels back there - the grimy look will be complete.

And you are right - a new tool MiG-23/27 has been on my wish list for some time. 5000 MiG-23's were built and 1,075 MiG-27's, including licensed production.

These were significant bastions of Soviet air power for decades, and their influence was keenly felt in the West. SO how are they treated among the modeling world? Ignored.

Meanwhile more and more Messies, Mustangs, Spits and Hornets are being churned out. Wassup widdat?!

I built that old kit some years ago and I can say yours turned out fine. The engine and its associated "gear" back in the rear, means your heavy lines go a long way to calling attention to what is normally a grungy area. Get some charcoal pencils and Q-tips and add some streaking from the panels back there - the grimy look will be complete.

And you are right - a new tool MiG-23/27 has been on my wish list for some time. 5000 MiG-23's were built and 1,075 MiG-27's, including licensed production.

These were significant bastions of Soviet air power for decades, and their influence was keenly felt in the West. SO how are they treated among the modeling world? Ignored.

Meanwhile more and more Messies, Mustangs, Spits and Hornets are being churned out. Wassup widdat?!

http://www.hasegawausa.com/suggest-a-model.html

The kit actually went together quite well. I don't recall running into many fitment issues.

Thats right - its not a bad kit*. It is very plain and basic with soft detail, however. The cockpit is almost nonexistent, little more than few decals and a crude seat.

Youll spend a pile of money to get it detailed up.

*Want to have a go at a bad kit - get ESCI's 1/48 Alpha Jet. Now theres a bear trap.

That's why I have the canopy closed :thumbsup:

The entire time I served in the NAVAIR, I distinctly recall that we closed up the aircraft. Unless there was some work ongoing or prepping for flight, aircraft were usually canopy closed. If they were to be unflown for longer than a day or two, the canopy was also given a liberal coat of plastic polish which was allowed to dry to a dull white haze. This was common practice both ashore and at sea.

Closed canopy is normal... contrary to the current Laws of Scale Modeling.

Edited by dahut