ARC is 11 years old today.

Boy, how time flies. I didn't have any kids yet, the Twin Towers were still standing, nobody knew what a hanging chad was, Bill Clinton was president, and I didn't get accosted when I checked in at the airport. Oh, there was still a 2 in the tens digit for my age. That has now moved to a 4 in the tens digit. Yikes!

Also,

"Let me say how happy I am that we were able to 'Line your pockets with Gold' by us doing all the work and providing all the content, while you folks simply provide a website to display it. All the while sitting back just counting money. No work, no headaches."

Steve, this is pretty much a direct quote from an email I received regarding a website I'm involved with in Canada. I thought you may enjoy the humour of it.

Gotta' love that....obviously written by someone that has never had a website. :P A job working the front counter at McDonalds would pay many times more than ARC. I do admire people like the Facebook founders etc that actually make crazy money from a website.

Congrats on keeping this place what it is for so very long. Long may it continue!

For me personally I can say that I have learned a lot from this place, and not just about modeling. There are many people on this forum that I would like to meet in person, share a drink with and swap stories...although I would most definitely do most if not all of the listening.

Oh, and my modeling has improved thousand fold by participating in this adventure called ARC. When I got here I just assembled plastic, I had NO idea what scratch building, PE, airbrushing, aftermarket decals was...

So thank you for opening my eyes to a wider world....and not just the modeling world...

Ken

Gotta' love that....obviously written by someone that has never had a website. :cheers: A job working the front counter at McDonalds would pay many times more than ARC. I do admire people like the Facebook founders etc that actually make crazy money from a website.

Don't worry about, Steve. I've got you in my will. Now, do you want my library of aviation books (363) or my strategic styrene reserver (225 or so kits)?

I don`t make it here as much as I used to, but I have to say Happy Birthday to one of the best sites out there ! When I got into modeling , I was so very fortunate to find ARC and all the great people that make it that way !

THANKYOU !!

Paul T

This is what I get for having 'puter probs, I miss one of the most meaningful threads since I've been here. A hearty Texas sized congratulations for 11 years of putting up with all kinds of characters..and I'm probably one of the biggest (and pest), May your creation go on to bigger and greater things. The time I've spent here has been some of the best spent and has handed me immeasurable benefits, Thanx a begazillion.