• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. I plan on doing a 1/48 Revell F-14A Tomcat with VF-1 markings. I already have the decals but really need some help with finding some aftermarket details, mainly the cockpit. I haven't been able to find anything for it. Here's a pic of the kit i'm doing.

85-5803.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have a problem relatively to my Tomcat decals ( an Fujimi-A and a Hasegawa-D ):

- for the Fujimi I would like to realize a VF-111 TCS-equipped airframe ( I love the nose profile of this configuration ) but the kit supplyed the marking for a CAG hi-viz bird ( but with lo-viz star & bars )without TCS.

- for the Hase one I planning to make a Black Lions during OEF

The best choice for the D model is the Twobobs's decal sheet

72-011 F-14D VF-213's Rampant Lions Over Afghanistan or as a second choice 72-049 F-14D VF-2 OIF Bounty Hunters; really what I need are the markings to realize any of the lo-viz aircraft.

the problem is that I could not find the decals that I need anywhere.

For the VF-111 bird what I need are the names for the canopy and the Bu.Nos. ; I think that some Hasegawa kits containsthis decals.

Can anyone help me in any way?

For those interested could make an exchange, the decals of the Fujimi kit presents interesting choices such as the aforementioned Sundowners CAG birds, a IRIAF/IRAf one and the two VF-41 Libyan Sukhoi killers;I have also available spare decals for a VF-31 or VF-102 bird ( Hase A version ) and for two D-examples of the Grim Reapers again from Hasegawa.

Also available part of the Microscale decal sheet 72-0171 for a VF-32 or VF-143 A-version.

:) Gianni

Hi guys,

I have a problem relatively to my Tomcat decals ( an Fujimi-A and a Hasegawa-D ):

- for the Fujimi I would like to realize a VF-111 TCS-equipped airframe ( I love the nose profile of this configuration ) but the kit supplyed the marking for a CAG hi-viz bird ( but with lo-viz star & bars )without TCS.

For the VF-111 bird what I need are the names for the canopy and the Bu.Nos. ; I think that some Hasegawa kits contains this decals

Would this sheet work for the VF-111 bird? If it does, you can have my sheet, there are some stencils missing (got this sheet in a trade) and it's a bit yellowed, but a few days in the sun should fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 3 Accurate Miniatures 1/48 F4-U4 Corsairs today and one of them had been kinda started. Did a brief look-through of the boxes and it looks like I might be 2 main gear wheels shy and missing one main canopy piece. The sliding part where the pilot enters. If anyone has either of those let me know. Also I might be looking for decal sheets so let me know on those also.

Kris

Hi guys i lost a part to the carpet monster today

Anybody have L9 from the hasegawa F-18(any other can do too) its the 3 color position light on the main gear

29941523802b075636b3.jpg

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all. I plan on doing a 1/48 Revell F-14A Tomcat with VF-1 markings. I already have the decals but really need some help with finding some aftermarket details, mainly the cockpit. I haven't been able to find anything for it. Here's a pic of the kit i'm doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

For the Monogram F-14A in 1/48th scale, True Details via Squardon offered a cockpit detail set - 48480. It has two ejection seats, two cockpit tubs, pilot and RIO instrument panels, RIO seat shield, and top of the nose gear well.

Or are you looking for detail photos of the cockpit?

Edited by Scooter Fan
  • 1 month later...

This is probably a long shot, I'm into painting my my EA-6B prowler in 72 scale and was testing the decals from the kit itself...Seems like they are giving way. By any chance anybody has this particular sheet from Microscale 72-226 as I need the VMAQ-2 markings and other stencils as well. Willing to pay for a reasonable fee and postage.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to start my Corsairs soon. I'll need decals for F4U-4 Corsairs (2 birds preferably same squadron) and 1 F4U-4B ship. I may just piece together the 4B but the first 2 I'd like to look the same.

Reading the story now I'm convinced I'll be doing Hudner and James' planes. So that said I need decal sheet CED48268 from Cutting Edge. Hopefully someone will have it but if not I'll find a copy online somewhere.

K

I may even need to get two as it only has the markings and stencils for one aircraft.

Edited by Bigasshammm

For the Monogram F-14A in 1/48th scale, True Details via Squardon offered a cockpit detail set - 48480. It has two ejection seats, two cockpit tubs, pilot and RIO instrument panels, RIO seat shield, and top of the nose gear well.

Or are you looking for detail photos of the cockpit?

Thanks. I did get the True Details cockpit set. And I have plenty of books on the Tomcat. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...