Some items announced in Academy's 2011 catalog

I was wondering about that F-4B as well, would love to see some competition for Hasegawa's F-4s here. With that F-4E fiasco from last year, I don't think we can discount the possibility that it's just an upgraded Entex kit…

Please note tongue planted firmly in cheek here.

With that F-4E fiasco from last year, I don't think we can discount the possibility that it's just an upgraded Entex kit…

I think it's pretty certain that it is a whole new tooling - Academy don't use the "new tooling" marking for updated re-releases. For that they have "new parts" marking (see Su-30).

Pawel

Their are so many subject Academy could do. I very happy about the T-50.:cheers: Don't know much about it, but its

something different. I will give them credit, they are the only ones to attempt a 1/48th scale MiG-29 and Su-27 in

the last fifteen years.

Brad

i'm pretty happy too with thoses announcements for 2011!

thank's Academy! :monkeydance:

i was expexting a su-30mk, with indian special markings...

and they come with the su-30mkk first! ...hope they'll cover a part of the family...

but the 1/48 f-4b was very unexpected from academy... if it's done right, my guess that i'll be the year 2011 scale model success...

I'm still dubious about the F-4B. It doesn't seem like something Academy would do as a completely new tool. If they were going to spend the money on an F-4B, one would think (hope) they would make it the base of an entirely new F-4 family that would blow Hasegawa's kits out of the water.

Let's hope that's what they're doing, but I'm still doubtful.

J

Oh joy - a Phantom. Heck, why not do another P-51 or Spitfire, while were at it?

At least the T-50 is something out of the ordinary.

Seriously, haven't these companies ever heard of things like Viggens, MiG 23's or F-80's. What about an Ouragan? Or I.A.R. 80?

All of these could stand to be revamped and brought up to date.

And so we get yet another Phantom.

Oh joy - a Phantom. Heck, why not do another P-51 or Spitfire, while were at it?

At least the T-50 is something out of the ordinary.

Seriously, haven't these companies ever heard of things like Viggens, MiG 23's or F-80's. What about an Ouragan? Or I.A.R. 80?

All of these could stand to be revamped and brought up to date.

And so we get yet another Phantom.

it's been like quite a long time since there had been a new Phantom in 1/48!

and if there was already a good offering from Hasegawa, it wasn't as good as modeller wanted...

especially for all the raised panel lines , old toolings...

and, BTW i'm just doing 8 different 1/48 phantoms (all brands, exept fujimi's)... and let's tell you that there's still a lot of place for improvements! ... so, maybe the academy's 1/48 f-4B will be better than hasegawa's... (and monograms too... it a real pain in the A to deal with raised panel lines!!!)

Anyway you think, f-4B is one of thoses subjects that we'ed seen often asked-for in "what would you wanted new tooling" threads...(with the viggens and the floggers)

and i think that the T-50 thing is mostly dedicated to satisfy domestic market... nice little thing without that much interrest otherwise... (what ifs aren't my cup of tea...)

Edited by mingwin

Oh yeah!!!....a newer cheaper Phantom will be welcomed with open arms, eyes, and mouth, and please let it be with VF-111 markings or VF-92 or dare I say it, (NO!! not a JR) a VF-114 B variant......'Varks rule!!!.

I'm predicting the purists will despise Academy's upcoming Phantom within milliseconds of its release, for having shape issue

Sometimes it's like a just released movie that a critic says don't bother going...folks rush to by a ticket to see what he is ranting about... :pray: .

Edited by Angels49

I'm living in South Korea now and I can tell you the kits here are ridiculously cheaper here. I can go buy these new kits for 60 percent off what outsiders would pay. I can't wait, I'll probably stock up on a ton of these kits. Wow, I'm happy with these announcements .

I'm predicting the purists will despise Academy's upcoming Phantom within milliseconds of its release, for having shape issues. :D

It has already happened....

Funny on one of the armor boards a poster bemoans why Academy screws up all of thier armor BUT does great on thier aircraft.

I guess it just goes to show that some companies - especially if they dont start with - Tam - and end with - iya -will never satisfy everyone. Seems that 'horrendous' errors only matter if you are passionate about a specific subject - or are knowledgeable of it.

I am still wanting to see the entire catalog. The Flanker shown is not the same product number as the Indian Flanker that we had seen mentioned this year

Edited by Matt Roberts
Oh yeah!!!....a newer cheaper Phantom will be welcomed with open arms, eyes, and mouth,

Cheaper? I guess the question is cheaper than what? I would expect that judging from the MSRP of some of Academy's recent releases such as the F-15C MCIP II (MSRP $72.00), F-22 Raptor (MSRP $75.00) & P-47 Thunderbolt (MSRP $49.00) that any new tool Phantom from Academy is going to have an MSRP north of $60 and may even be a bit north of $70 here in the States. Now obviously they'll be cheaper than MSRP online here in the US and much more so from places like Lucky et al. But, I don't think they'll much less than a third cheaper than Tamigawa quarter scale kits. Face it guys, the days of any new tool kits being what one could call affordable have gone the way of Aurora, Ideal and Renwal.

Edited by madmanrick