I am planning a B-17F building in 1/48 scale, I saw the "My Devotion" sexy nose art and decided to build it (sometime in the future), so I´ve bought at Hannats the Kits-Word decal sheet wich includes both My Devotion and A Bit of Lace, for a B-17G. Well I can tell you tha tthe quality of these set of decals is just awesome, perfect in every single aspect, I´ll put this brand into my top 5 without hesitation...!

I've been looking to order from kits world myself, I want the decal set for "Vonnie gal", I read about landing in switzerland during the war. She's always seemed interesting to me because before I knew what I know now, she was odd to me because she is an early G model, chin turret but no cheek guns, figure that would be an interesting but minor conversion.

Plus I wanna pick up all of they're generic markings decal sheet in 48th.

Hi B-17 guy!, I have one question for you, maybe you can help...the decals sheet says that My Devotion had the cheek guns like the G-model´s one, so.....the Revell F has the other style cheek guns, not like the G kit....any idea on how I can resolve this trouble in which I have put myself??. Thank you very much....

Yup. You'll need to get a G kit... I've grafted them from one to the other with little issues. Or, take the chin turret off the G kit and modify the waist windows.

Revell's B-17F doesn't lend itself to too many options. No astrodome, old cheek windows and nose cone for dual 50s rather limits one to what they can buiild.

Ken

Well after more research I can say this. Academy and Hasegawa have boxings with decals for "My Devotion" showing standard cheek guns (both 1/72 scale), and Aeromaster decal sheet in 1/48 and 1/72 and Supersclale in 1/48 show the same, meaning that you can use Kits World decals straight on your Revell 1/48 B-17F without modifying it....but, at this website http://www.markstyling.com/ you can see that the nose art for "My Devotion" is totally different, the same with "My Devotion" nose art drawing at one of Osprey Combat Aircraft Series, both drawings showing the later cheek gun position (similar to a G)...Kits World says that "My Devotion" had the later type of cheek gun position, but with the nose art similar to Superscale, Aeromaster, Academy kit and Hasegawa kit....so 3 variations for the same subject?????.....I´m gooing slightly mad with this :wacko: ...LoL....anyone can help?.. ;)

Best,

Juan

To B-17 guy, PM received and read, thank you...to Paul Budzik...thanks for posting the images, in fact, that "My Devotion" nose art is not the same as it is on the Aeromaster, Kits World, and Superscale kits, nor in the Hasegawa and Academy boxings...it is different.......so.......? again, whose nose art is right?....I couldn´t find a single pic of the a/c, and given the controversial different nose arts...whose right????

Edited by dagger00

Hello to everyone. Well, seems that my quest for this particular a/c nose art is concluded as I could figure out this...

If you look at the photograph below.......

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/dag...FMyDevotion.jpg

you can see that the nose art is very similar to that shown on Aeromaster, Superscale and Kit World decals, shown also in Academy and Hasegawa boxings of this particular a/c in 1/72 scale and shown in this book too:..."Flying Colors-B-17 Flying Fortress in Color", by Steve Birdsall.

As far I can see, the nose art shown above, that is, the one that appears at www.markstyling.com, could be wrong, as the lady despicted in the a/c seems to be in a different pose and it doesn´t seem she´s wearing a pair of gloves and boots as she is despicted at those nose profile and in the book B-17 Units of the ETO Part One from Osprey. Maybe the mistake was provoked by some kind of shadow that covers a part of the nose art, as I haven´t got any digital programm to enhace or analise the picture with more detail, I only zoomed the pic with the ACDSee program, but it is very clear to me that a shadow cover the centre of the girl´s body..so Kits World is right, besides, Kits World is right in telling us that the a/c had the latter cheek gun positions (Aeromaster tell you that it is an early airframe with the early cheek gun position).....so, IMHO if you want to have the correct instructions, go for Kit World (I did that), Aeromaster decal is O.K. too, but has the wrong profile drawing in it....

Well, that´s all for now...Sorry for the long post...

Best,

Juan

Edited by dagger00
I've been looking to order from kits world myself, I want the decal set for "Vonnie gal", I read about landing in switzerland during the war. She's always seemed interesting to me because before I knew what I know now, she was odd to me because she is an early G model, chin turret but no cheek guns, figure that would be an interesting but minor conversion.

Plus I wanna pick up all of they're generic markings decal sheet in 48th.

Just thought I'd post a link to the bombers that went to Switzerland during WWII that either crashed or, landed & were interred there during the war

http://swissinternees.tripod.com/aircraft.html