SkunkWorks RQ-4B Global Hawk

Hello gentlemen,

Here are my progress so far on that huge drone thingy.

Due to it's size, the fitting is somewhat loose and the panel lines engraving is a tad on the heavy side, but nothing that putty, plasticard and sanding can't fix.

Here are the pics :

As said, due to size, seams needs some attention

s6_rq4b_02.jpg

s6_rq4b_03.jpg

In order to reduce the step, reinforcing sprue bits are glued to maintain both fuselage halves level

s6_rq4b_04.jpg

s6_rq4b_05.jpg

Juste a small join issue here ! :jealous:

s6_rq4b_06.jpg

s6_rq4b_08.jpg

Oh, yes, the rear fuselage is a bit distorted .... Seems that the fixing of the under fuselage will be a pleasant moment

s6_rq4b_09.jpg

s6_rq4b_13.jpg

Just another small seam here, but nothing a tad of plasticard, putty and CA glue can't fix

s6_rq4b_15.jpg

Tell me all about wingspan ! Spit is 1/48, too

s6_rq4b_17.jpg

Thanks Anthony,

One thing though, is that II was a bit trigger happy in gluing the wings before devising something to make the wings removable ... I foresee some severe shelve issue coming. :D

Next is fuselage bottom assembly ...

Best

Stef (#6)

Nice work so far! I especially like that last pic which really gives a good idea how big it is compared to something known like the Spitfire.

...................Geess !!...I'd swear but i'm too polite...... God that's a big son of a ***** !

-well done so far !

• 1 month later...

Ordered mine from Lucky Models about a week ago. Can't wait to get started. I have been building parts for the real plane for the past 14 years. I've been waiting along time for this. I plan to open up the radome to show the SatCom equipment (that's what I build for it). I'm actually going to convert it to the navy version, RQ-4N BAMS. It has a slightly different underbelly profile.

Do you have any more updates?