VFA-151 in 1/72 scale.

Hasegawa kit with quite a bit of work to make it look just a little bit better. Decals are from Eagle Strike, and while they went down nicely, I cannot recommend the decal sheet. It has a number of accuracy problems, and there are some missing items...

Enjoy!

Hoops

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

She is finally finished....not my best but she will do. It took me 6 months to complete this one without all the ordnance. Various types of Paint Humbrol, Model Master Enamel, and Tamiya Acrylics.

Trumpeter F-14D Tomcat

Aires F-14B/D GE-110 Nozzles

Black Box F-14B Pit

Fightertown Decals F-14A/B/D Grim Reaper Set I

Wolfpack Dual Sidewinder Rails

Heres the pics:

IMGP0380.jpg

IMGP0381.jpg

IMGP0383.jpg

IMGP0384.jpg

IMGP0387.jpg

IMGP0388.jpg

IMGP0391.jpg

IMGP0393.jpg

IMGP0392.jpg

IMGP0396.jpg

Thanks for Looking

Stanton

Another Grim Reaper completed for the build.

I got the flat coat on and putting this 'cat up for display. It was a really fun build with not many problems. One note is that I used the wings from an earlier Has F-14A that did not have flaps and slats. I did this because I planned to keep this 'cat's wings swept and so I could use the newer tooled wings for the 'A' in a later build.

I tried some new techniques like a sludge wash with acrylics, using red permanent marker for the gear doors and such, as well as putting more effort into the cockpit since this is my first plane with open canopy. Overall I have enjoyed the process and will carry on with one of my 1/48 Tomcats in the stash. Contemplating the Academy Bombcat.

Enjoy the pics:

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

More pics in the critique forum at: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=230353&pid=2196422&st=0entry2196422

I look forward to the next one.

Happy modeling,

Denis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all gents,

my first comlpeted model for this GB, a Fujimi 1/72 TA-4F with Wolfpak decals for a Playboys Fast FAC based at Da Nang in 1969.

immagine341p.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine350.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine355.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine326v.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine352e.jpg[/url][/img]

:cheers: Gianni

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this in no way stacks up next to the gorgeous builds in this thread, but here is my finished QF-4N. Used one of the kits from the 2-pack Hasegawa 1/72 F-4B "CVW-15" Combo, and the AeroMaster decal set "Phancy Phantoms pt IX" which includes decals for a QF-4N number 0465. Other than the decals, this is straight OOB.

100_9841.jpg

100_9842.jpg

100_9843.jpg

100_9844.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my Monogram C-47 (RD-4) in Navy Markings. The kit decals were old and gave me trouble so I had to use some from the spares box, and paint the red strip which didnt turn out like I wanted, and I had a little bit of an overspray with the red on one of the wings. I didnt quite trust my paining skills to add on the black stripe down the fuselage, so I left it off. But I am happy with the results. Enough talking. Heres the pics

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

By the way if you get the chance. I HIGHLY recommend the Navy Museum at NAS Pensacola. Especialy the new exibit with Que Serra Serra hanging from the ceiling. Its awe inspiring.

Here are some pics of my 72 scale panther. It seems like each kit that I build SOME issue has to pop up. With this one... I didnt coat the canopy in future (I cant seem to find it here) and it frosted. Shoulda used white glue I added some nose weight, but it wasn't enough. Then to top it off the desk/carpet monster got ahold of one of the actuators on the landing gear. I need to improve my picture taking skills, but here it is.

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0267.jpgIMG_0265.jpg

• 2 weeks later...