there's 4 months to go until the end of the group build, we would like to see what different subject you can contribute :thumbsup:

Dang! Both my entrants to this GB are bugs. Sorry.... :whistle:

Also have a Jolly Rogers Tomcat in stash, but considering how slow I build these days, may not make it to the deadline. :bandhead2:

Dang! Both my entrants to this GB are bugs. Sorry.... :whistle:

Also have a Jolly Rogers Tomcat in stash, but considering how slow I build these days, may not make it to the deadline. :bandhead2:

ehhh, all of mine have been Hornets. There has been great variety in the GB, and phantom has done quite a few F-4s as well

Edited by Ken Middleton

And now for something completely different...an eggbeater!

Here's my first completed build for this GB. Its the Fujimi 1/72 CH-46D Seaknight. Completely OOB, including the kit decals for the "Hotel California" bird. Build log is here.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I've got another one in the stash that I'll probably do up in a more modern scheme. Enjoy the pics!

-Dave

5959286941_6b41ee69db_z.jpg

5959845766_582d616d9c_z.jpg

5959285743_bb982ded56_z.jpg

5959849756_921cccfda7_z.jpg

And now for something completely different...an eggbeater!

Here's my first completed build for this GB. Its the Fujimi 1/72 CH-46D Seaknight. Completely OOB, including the kit decals for the "Hotel California" bird. Build log is here.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I've got another one in the stash that I'll probably do up in a more modern scheme. Enjoy the pics!

Very nice! :thumbsup:

Here is my complete EKA-3B Skywarrior, aka "Whale". This is the Hasegawa kit with Aeromaster decals. This is a nice kit. I've had it for many years and needed this GB for a reason to put it on the top of the build pile.

Here is a link to the in progress: In Progress

EKA-3BDone1.jpg

EKA-3BDone7.jpg

EKA-3BDone4.jpg

EKA-3BDone5.jpg

Thanks,

Rodney

Edited by Rodney
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished my SOC-3 Seagull. Kit was the Hasegawa 1/72 float version. Decals were by Yellow Wings with prop tip markings by Starfighter Decals. It's no contest winner, but overall I'm happy with it. (Don't look too close, Chrome Yellow is a dust magnet!) Markings are from the unit that served aboard the USS West Virginia, which I chose because that's where my wife is from.

Enjoy!

-Dave

6054626430_7a4068ed77_z.jpg

6054077727_5d970ea79e_z.jpg

6054078943_8de0854930_z.jpg

6054080297_76de8f54c3_z.jpg

6054631404_6b82e30a06_z.jpg

6054632860_f90ee9b382_z.jpg