---=== Attention Please ===---

Ok Guys and Gals...

9 days to go til startup. Please officially signup here with your username and intended build(s) for the "On Canadian Wings" group build. All entrants will be pm'd with the CanMilAir decals promo code to use for your your GB Entry if needed. The promo coupon code is worth 10% off your decal order.

Ill go first.

Charlie Cheetah:

Revell Germany 1/72 Lancaster SAR Mk 10, with Belcher Bits decals and TD wheels.

Revell Germany 1/144 CC-177 Globemaster III with CanMilAir decals.

phantom:

1/48 CF-18 2009 100th anniversary of aviation in Canada scheme

1/32 CT-133 1983 VU-32 target tow

1/32 CT-133 CFB Baden base flight 1985

1/48 CF-100 419 sq cam

1/48 CF-100 425 sq silver

1/48 CF-100 428 sq silver

More if I can, we'll see.

RiderFan (David)

Due to a move, I'm going to have a late start into this but these are my potential entries.

1:48 CF-100 (Scheme TBD)

1:32 CL-13 Sabre (Scheme TBD)

1:32 CF-104 (Three tone camo)

1:32 CT-113 (Bare metal..possibly RCN scheme)

1:32 CF-105 (scratch build)

Might be others or differences.

At least an Astra 1/72 vac form Avro Arrow. Emvar issued the challenge and I accepted. Looking at the kit, I'm not sure it was such a wise decision but I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Depending on how that goes, maybe a 1/32 Sabre (441 or 427 Sqn) or a 1/48 Sabre (plenty of Sqns to chose from). I have a bunch of eligible kits (Sabres, CF-18s, CF-104s, T-33, Tutor, Corsair, Mosquito, etc). I'll see how the Arrow works out and go from there.

Okay....I'm in!!

I'm going to build a 1/48 scale CF-104. Not 100% sure on the markings yet, but it'll be a BMF.

In going with that finish, I'll have a set of Leading Edge Decals from the GOMB Modelfest 2004 - CF-104 1976 Weapons Meet Overall Green Scheme, that I won't be using. It has both the 1/48 and 1/72 scale on the same sheet. If anyone wants it, just let me know. Free of course.

Cheers,

Tilt

I have been waiting for this one!

My first GB as well.

Sifting through the stash I have come up with the following:

All 1/72 kits

CF-18 - decals TBD

Sabre - Skylancers

CF - 101 Voodoo - 410 Cougar

T-33 - Cold Lake

If I can find a 1/72 CF104 kit I'll see if I can get that done as well.

Rob

About 90% of my stash qualifies for this one...

For sure:

1/32 T-33, 133393 GTTF Baden 1973

1/144 C-17

1/48 T-33 Grey camo 439 Bagotville 1996

1/48 CF-101 409 Sqn Comox 1966

Probably

1/32 T-33 133577 Cold Lake 1986

1/48 CF-5B 116807 aggressor colours 1985

1/72 CF-100 413 Sqn Bagotville 1958

Maybe

1/48 CF-18

1/32 CF-18

and about 1,000 other kits...

This is gonna be fun!

ALF

Wow, we certainly have some ambitious lists here. Should be lots of fun seeing these built up. I wish I could build as much as you guys, Im lucky to get 3 or 4 done in a year.

Just a reminder about the CanMilAir promo code. It is a single use coupon, meaning you can only use it once, and it is intended to be a discount only on decals needed for your GB entries. The 10% discount applies to the price of the decals before shipping and handling.

Hey there,

Kinda new around here, but I can't find the rules for this GB in the GB section. Could someone give me a SITREP on how the GB's work on these forums please? I have 2 planes in mind that I would like to do but due to time, and the time of year with all the ice fishing trucks and people going through the ice, I will probably go with one.

I have 1/72 Hasegawa CF-18 with Leading Edge decals for 410 Sqd. I want to do the bird a friend of mine from Air Cadets many eons ago flew into the Abotsford Airshow in 2005. He also flew #7 Snowbird for 3 yrs and came back in 09 to fly #3. His name is Capt Mike French......now a Maj I hear.

The 2nd one I have is a 1/32 scale Westland Lysander. I am thinking of 410 Sqd. I can either do a camo paint job or I am kind of liking the unusual black and yellow stripes of the tug scheme.

Could someone also help me with the fact that I can not post an avatar pic form my computer even though it is smaller than th dimensions stated, and is a JPEG.....it says I cant post it on these forums....kinda making me miffed. I noticed that in the formats aloud it has jpeg in smaller case....mine are all in Capital....will this make a difference.

REVISED.......I will be doing the 1/32 Lysander finished as the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Black and Yellow Target Tow C-FVZZ

s/n 2376 for my entry

Edited by RescueDiver

Alright-y! ;)

I'm in too. I can't believe you guys are gonna build more than one :jaw-dropping: ... but we shall see, eh?

Just one, for this only my 2nd GB, but I, firstly, wanna complete a model I've got on the go ... that I've been working on for the past year. I figger it'll take another 3 or 4 weeks.

So I'll get on this GB when I finish up the other one ...

This one'll be the ...

Canadair CL 215 Water Bomber (Heller). Maybe upgraded to the 415 (gotta do some research ...) ... and I think I'm gonna have it in the 'water' scooping up a load.

Pete

This one'll be the ...

Canadair CL 215 Water Bomber (Heller). Maybe upgraded to the 415 (gotta do some research ...) ... and I think I'm gonna have it in the 'water' scooping up a load.

Pete

Seems to me I saw a Heller CL-415 kit a couple of years ago. I don't recall whether it was a special release with modification parts included or a full rework of the CL-215, but it was definitely a CL-415, in a Heller box. You might try a search for Heller CL-415 and see what you get.

John

Could someone also help me with the fact that I can not post an avatar pic form my computer even though it is smaller than th dimensions stated, and is a JPEG.....it says I cant post it on these forums....kinda making me miffed. I noticed that in the formats aloud it has jpeg in smaller case....mine are all in Capital....will this make a difference.

RescueDiver, you cannot upload pics from your computer to the site for avatars or posting in threads - the image has to reside elsewhere on a site, or photo hosting site, etc. Just like your current avatar does

RescueDiver, you cannot upload pics from your computer to the site for avatars or posting in threads - the image has to reside elsewhere on a site, or photo hosting site, etc. Just like your current avatar does

Roger that. Thank you, I figured out how to link the pic but was currious as there is an upload from pc option.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Edited by RescueDiver
Seems to me I saw a Heller CL-415 kit a couple of years ago. I don't recall whether it was a special release with modification parts included or a full rework of the CL-215, but it was definitely a CL-415, in a Heller box. You might try a search for Heller CL-415 and see what you get.

John

Heller did both a 215 and a 415. I've been told technically their 415 is really a 215T (turbo prop re-engined 215). This takes care of the major difference between 215 and 415, but I guess the 415 had a few more changes while the 215T stopped at the engine upgrade. I don't think it is a big difference, but for those concerned with maximum accuracy there is a short list of adjustments they may want to make.

Less than a week to go... Once again, here's a rundown of the rules specific to this GB.

#1. Running time of the GB is December 1st 2010 til June 1st 2011.

#1.1 Model kit must at 25% completion or less at beginning of the GB to be an eligible build.

#2. Contest is open to any Canadian built and/or Canadian operated aircraft, civilian, commercial or military.

#3. Experimental and prototype aircraft are permitted as long as they actually flew and meet rule #2. (ie Canadair Dynavert, Avro Avrocar)

#4 "What Ifs" are not permitted, with the exception of (a) Avro Arrow in operational schemes, (cool.gif Boeing F-35 in Canadian Markings.

#5 Canadian Built Aircraft constitutes either an aircraft built in Canada under license or built by a Canadian owned company in Canada.

#5.1 Aircraft must have been assembled in Canada, not simply having Canadian built components.

#6. Canadian Operated Aircraft as stated above may be operated by Canadian military, law enforcement, government agency, or Canadian Company, or a civilian aircraft with a Canadian registration.

#7 While the consumption of Canadian Beer is not a prerequisite, it can be consumed with moderation while building GB entries.

#7.1 Canadian Beer may be substituted with a large coffee from Tim Hortons.

In addition, Ill be starting a gallery tread as soon as we get the forum open for buisiness. As we complete our projects, Id like everyone to submit 3 to 5 pictures in the gallery. As with Most GBs, all modelers who complete at least one build will be eligible for the raffle draw after the GB concludes in June.