Tony and I have communicated and resolved this deal. He did send the kit (even though I told him he didn't have to) but unfortunately it may have been used by the postal service on training how not to handle a package because it arrivved in very poor condition and may be salvageable. The box was pretty sturdy so I don't know what they did. So, this matter is closed, the captain has turned off the "no Seat-belt" sign and you are free to move about the cabin. Thanks Tony.

Thanks,

Chris

Paging Tony Hayes. It really hurts my heart to call anyone out, especially that has been here as long as he has but he is not honoring our deal. If any of you good folks up in Ontario happen to know Tony please have him contact me and/or just get my money in the mail. I pm'd him Oct 4 for a C-5 kit he decided to sell. See thread:
Like it says,I have an Otaki 1/144 C-5 for sale, $80 plus shipping. Kit is complete and unstarted. Cash (at your risk) or money order only please. Tony
He received my money order Oct 19 and at that time told me the C-5 kit I was buying was partially assembled. Had I know that I never would have bought the kit, especially for that price. Said he would get a proper money prder in the mail asap. Next response I got was Nov 9 asking for my address again along with apology for not staying in touch or mailing me my money yet. He has not responded to my messages since and I haven't received my $115.00 back. It only take about 5 or 6 days for mail to or from Ontario, I've made several deals with other Ontario ARC'ers. I don't know what his situation is but I have to fly to Kansas soon and drive straight back so I really need my refund. Please answer up Tony.

Chris H

Summerville, SC

Edited by kg4kpg
Paging Tony Hayes. It5 really hurts my heart to call anyone out, especially that has been here as long as he has but he is not honoring our deal. If any of you good folks up in Ontario happen to know Tony please have him contact me and/or just get my money in the mail. I pm'd him Oct 4 for a C-5 kit he decided to sell. See thread: He received my money order Oct 19 and at that time told me the C-5 kit I was buying was partially assembled. Had I know that I never would have bought the kit, especially for that price. Said he would get a proper money prder in the mail asap. Next response I got was Nov 9 asking for my address again along with apology for not staying in touch or mailing me my money yet. He has not responded to my messages since and I haven't received my $115.00 back. It only take about 5 or 6 days for mail to or from Ontario, I've made several deals with other Ontario ARC'ers. I don't know what his situation is but I have to fly to Kansas soon and drive straight back so I really need my refund. Please answer up Tony.

Chris H

Summerville, SC

Money and kit will be in mail tomorrow as I had told you and I will post the tracking number here. Sorry but I have been...never mind,you don't need excuse's,just your money. Check here tomorrow for the tracking number. We all fall down from time to time but we do get back up again,so sorry for the delay on my part.

Tony

Paging Tony Hayes. It5 really hurts my heart to call anyone out, especially that has been here as long as he has but he is not honoring our deal. If any of you good folks up in Ontario happen to know Tony please have him contact me and/or just get my money in the mail. I pm'd him Oct 4 for a C-5 kit he decided to sell. See thread: He received my money order Oct 19 and at that time told me the C-5 kit I was buying was partially assembled. Had I know that I never would have bought the kit, especially for that price. Said he would get a proper money prder in the mail asap. Next response I got was Nov 9 asking for my address again along with apology for not staying in touch or mailing me my money yet. He has not responded to my messages since and I haven't received my $115.00 back. It only take about 5 or 6 days for mail to or from Ontario, I've made several deals with other Ontario ARC'ers. I don't know what his situation is but I have to fly to Kansas soon and drive straight back so I really need my refund. Please answer up Tony.

Chris H

Summerville, SC

You also left the part out that I would refund your money and send you the kit for your troubles.Both have been sent.

You also left the part out that I would refund your money and send you the kit for your troubles.Both have been sent.

Well, I did say you were going to send the payment back and didn't think about the kit, sorry, but after the pm asking for my address a while went by without response to me messages. I pm'd tha same day saying to please don't send the kit, as I didn't expect you to. I apologize if I come accross as an *** but I'm all about communication when money is involved and like to stay in touch fairly regular. If you had a situation and had let me know there would be a delay I never would have got this far. I appreciate the tracking info and will let you know once all arrive. As for the kit, you really didn't have to send it but since you did, maybe I'll donate it to our local VA model group at the hospital in both our names.

Tony is still tops in my books. Everyone skips a beat now and again. It's how you deal with it that counts. And he certainly manned up and took care of it. Like I figured he would.

Tony it isn't adversity that defines us, it is how we face adversity that in the end defines our character. I applaud you for stepping up and not only owning the problem, but taking a huge step to rectify the unpleasant situation. Wish all could be as graceful under pressure.

Rick

Thanks for the support guy's,although I did drop the ball on this one with Chris.

At least the ball didn't have far to drop. :doh:

It's no surprise Tony would make things right. It's been a while since I've done any horse trading with Tony but the last time we did he's the only member that asked (twice) if I was good with the trade as agreed as he thought I was getting the short end of the stick. Hopefully Chris won't let this get in the way of any future deals with you.

Cheers,

Sean

Will also add to the pack of Canadian Model Mafia members (trial member) that Tony H is on top and outstanding to deal with.

This post need to be removed.

Wow, a whole month and you did not get your kit?

Cheers

H.

Will also add to the pack of Canadian Model Mafia members (trial member) that Tony H is on top and outstanding to deal with.

This post need to be removed.

Wow, a whole month and you did not get your kit?

Cheers

H.

No, this is isn't right. Don't attack someone because he waited a month and then grew concerned. Even Tony admits he dropped the ball on this. The original poster acted reasonably and courteously here. No need to ask for post removal or to make gibes against the OP.

It blew my mind that Tony would get flamed at all, but his response shows why he's one the really first rate people to deal with. Apparently he is a mere mortal like the rest of us and subject to messing up once in a (great) while.

Was I reading the same post as you? I saw nowhere where Tony was 'flamed'. I thought both parties handled the situation well. Just saying..... we ALL miss a beat once-in-awhile.

It appears that all is taken care of.

Randie

Thanks for the responses and all is on track for this to be closed. I hold no hard feelings against Tony and hope he doesn't either. I know he is definately not another Dean lehr, I hadn't heard from him when i thought I should so I needed to get his attention. When I do a deal I'm in touch with the other trader often, may be just me. If my opening this thread keeps anyone from trading with me based on the time frame i used, well, I apologize, can't help how I work. So, lets drop this and get back to building and trading.