Good day;

I'm fairly new to this forum but not new to airliner modeling. I'm currently building the 1/144 scale Minicraft B757 and I'm trying to locate some United Airlines decals. I'm looking for the one that has the blue lower fueselage and white top with the blue and slanting UA log. Not the one with the grey top.

If anyone could let me know where to purchase a set that would be great.

Thank you

Neil ;)

Apparently Pointerdog decals makes decals for the 757-222 in 1/144 in the United livery you're talking about.

But - he has no website... I do have an email address though - pointerdog7@gmail.com

I have a few of his sets - but never used them - so I don't know how well they go on... I'm sure others on the site can comment!

David

Good day;

I'm fairly new to this forum but not new to airliner modeling. I'm currently building the 1/144 scale Minicraft B757 and I'm trying to locate some United Airlines decals. I'm looking for the one that has the blue lower fueselage and white top with the blue and slanting UA log. Not the one with the grey top.

If anyone could let me know where to purchase a set that would be great.

Thank you

Neil :thumbsup:

hi Neil

Hi i have built 3 models using pointerdog decals just finished the 757 that you are doing

this is the link to the post i put on here while buliding the model

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=218035

you will notice if you read this post that i did have a problem with my first set with them cracking but this problem has been solved now it was due to the decals been printed on Injet not laser paper

he does have other United decals available he has a set for the 777 and 747-400 in the Blue livery and one for the 757-200 in the merged livery

if you miss out on ebay you can contact him direct and he will sell them direct to you i think someone else has put his email earlier on in the post

heres a picture of the finished models using his decals

UNITED757-6.jpg

any question if you use his decals let me know

Richard

hi Neil

Hi i have built 3 models using pointerdog decals just finished the 757 that you are doing

this is the link to the post i put on here while buliding the model

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=218035

you will notice if you read this post that i did have a problem with my first set with them cracking but this problem has been solved now it was due to the decals been printed on Injet not laser paper

he does have other United decals available he has a set for the 777 and 747-400 in the Blue livery and one for the 757-200 in the merged livery

if you miss out on ebay you can contact him direct and he will sell them direct to you i think someone else has put his email earlier on in the post

heres a picture of the finished models using his decals

UNITED757-6.jpg

any question if you use his decals let me know

Richard

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions I'll try emailing him directly. WHat form of payment does he take and where is he located? City and state?

NEil

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions I'll try emailing him directly. WHat form of payment does he take and where is he located? City and state?

NEil

Hi Neil

he is located in Oceanside California he accepts paypal for payments

Richard

Hi Neil

he is located in Oceanside California he accepts paypal for payments

Richard

Thanks Richard. I checked out your finished model and I really liked it. I hadn't noticed the blue engine pylons unitl you pointed them out regarding not forgeting to paint them blue. BTW what blue is a good match. I typically use Tamiya Laquers spray can lines. I was looking at their straight blue color and considering that as a close match. Any ideas to help?

Neil

Thanks Richard. I checked out your finished model and I really liked it. I hadn't noticed the blue engine pylons unitl you pointed them out regarding not forgeting to paint them blue. BTW what blue is a good match. I typically use Tamiya Laquers spray can lines. I was looking at their straight blue color and considering that as a close match. Any ideas to help?

Neil

Hi Neil

It took me a long time to decide when i first built a UA 767-300 in these colours to decide which blue to use i studied the blue on pictures and even on the real aircraft and depending on the angle an light it looked different ,

i found the Revell 52 blue to be a good match

where are you from ?

i only ask this cause someone from the U.S that had built a UA model said Testors regular Dark Blue was a good match for the UAL blue cause im not too sure if you can get Revell paints in te U.S.A

A little tip for you if you use Pointerdog decal trim the darkest blue strip at the bottom off other wise if you dont get an exact paint match to his blue it will show when you come to the door markings cut close to them you will see what i mean when you get the decal

i think he does the decal like that so that the bottom of the door marking show better

and also when you apply the window sections i found it easier to cut off the front main door and rear main door just so you make sure they line up with the part of the door printed on the blue stripes

i have a 777 that i did with Brazil decals in this livery and i am going to buy his 777 set and redo it cause its getting worn

when you contact him if you ask him he will email you a full list of other decals he does , also he does custom sets at a very good price too so far he has done me 4 sets AIR CANADA VANCOUVER 2010 777-300ER , BRITISH AIRWAYS 777-300ER , UNITED MERGED LIVERY 757-200 and 757-300 and is on with a 5th UAL 777 MERGED LIVERY which he sells on his ebay page or direct as soon as they are finished

any of you wanting to do the Merged livery on a 1:144 scale 777 keep an eye out on his ebay page in the next few weeks for the 757-300 and 777-200

heres the link to his ebay page

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/elvisbasset/m.html?...K:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

Hope my info helps you with the build if you have any more questions ask me i will try and answer

His Boeing 747-400 decal looks very good too i built a model earlier this year

UA747-400Nc6.jpg

Richard