Update: 1/25 Jagdpanther, Taking a Quick Break From Aircraft

This is the 1/25 Jagdpanther from Academy. I'm no armor expert but this is a fun build. Only AM stuff are some screens for the back engine deck. It's a pretty decent fitting kit. Markings and colors presented here are made up, I looked at other online builds of Jagdpanthers and kinda painted what caught my eye. Decals are the kit ones and while the side decals went on OK, the one German marking on the rear of the tank took a beating to lay down. Mr Mark Softner to the rescue. Over the Turkey Day holiday I will try my hand at washing, dry brushing and using oil colors and try some filtering. We shall see.

Cheers

Collin

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

Edited by Collin

1/25 Academy kit. Now I am done with the wash and drybrushing portion. I'm kinda wondering what to do now. I over did the post shading with the black/red brown mix...will have to lessen that effect on my 1/25 Panther. Good thing is the drybrushing helped bring back some life to the drab paint scheme. I have to cut off the wheels and get those assembled now (they have all received the same paint and wash/drybrushing on the trees). Anyone know the best way to tackle the dreaded plastic something treads they put in these kits?

Nice way to spend Turkey Day, little football, little cooking, little modeling, little eating, little more football and a little more modeling.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg

DSCN0181.jpg

DSCN0180.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

• 2 weeks later...