Saudi Tornados or Tornado

Got an update..........the IDS is base painted..........next the black areas n metal areas

Sorry for the crappy pics.....the preshade looks too much but in reality....looks ok..........

ids-1.jpg

ids2.jpg

Rgds

Mr b

neat, so what colors did you finally decide upon?

Thanks benner

its 309 for green 22 dark earth and 313 mixed with 318 and 43 for the sandy colour...........all gunze laquer based.......

update

both airframes painted........used 334 and 332 for the underside...........followed the model alliance sheet which shows clean 332 for the underside........no pattern........

Painted.jpg

Next detail painting and decalling ............

Not too long more !

Mr B

Thanks Deacon .....much appericated.....for the kind words

Update

After a major event for work ........on Friday and Saturday..........got the IDS detailed painting, decaled, weathered and flat coat........

Still got weapons, seats and the undercarrage to get going exhaust.......then complete........planning for

Bombs underside

Fuel tanks on wings and ECM pod......

The load out should be ok..........I think

Canopy needs to be cracked open a bit.....as the profile is just wrong if totally closed........

flat-1.jpg

Then the same on the ADV.......planning to complete both before xmas holidays ho ho ho !

Best

Mr B

Thanks guys

Benner- Don't think a day .....usually pretty tied up on weekdays.........unless I get a motivation spure.........ha ha

Spike - Yes ...I used Gunze 338....Light Grey ....for both the ADV and IDS........Thanks........looks passable.......

Will try and assamble the seats over the week.....damn clumsy looking breakdown........

Rgds

Mr B

IDS Complete except for the clear parts nav lights etc.......weapons all done.....closed the revesers on both........looks awaful with them deployed.....gear also provided drama....the sit was bad...had to modify it to sit somewhat decent without the nose pointing up

ids1-1.jpg

Brought the ADV up to speed as well.......just weapons.....gear,seats and final touches......

adv.jpg

This is a twin shot.......as usual

Twin-1.jpg

Overall .........am tired.......need to clear both from the desk and prep for my holidays.........

Ho Ho Ho....& Merry Xmas

Rgds

Mr B

both are looking great, love the painting.

some minor nitpicks on the IDS. How come no Sky Shadow pod? .. and I believe you also still need to put on those little black areas on the front edge of the fin like the ADV.

Thanks kurnass....much obliged......

yeah benner ....in my haste forgot tht n also the black bit on the adv behind the canopy.......will tend to it.....and for the sky shadow....pod....don't think its in the box......need to relook if not ....it has to do....and somewhat artistic setting.......:whistle: ....instruction called out for the ecm thin looking pod......

not an expert on the tonka's so instructions were my only guide....will recheck tq for the heads up

Rgds

mr b

Thanks guys

Much obliged............Sebastijian - Fully agree with you on the dirt and lack of them on Saudi birds.......but I like them dirty ......

Yeah ....on the ECM as the markings are for a german bird..........but the british scheme showed the ECM on the colour profile......Hobby boss really need some work on their insturctions.......

Thanks again

Mr B

Nice pair B,, for the Skyshadow pod, I have extra one from the italeri kit, let me know if you need it...

Thank you pls send over.......! since its much closer..........then from overseas............:tumble:

Rgds

MR b

What weapons are you using with your IDS?

That is the bad thing about the HB kits, no real RAF specific weapons other than the ALARMs. Probably the main reason I have not bought one - well that and unemployment...

For free fallweapons from the RSAF - would they have been British or US in origin, other than the JP-233? I'm thinking BL755 and 1000lb vs Rockeye and Mk 83s. IIRC the kit does come with a quartet of Mk 83 1000lb iron bombs - with ballute retard fins.

What weapons are you using with your IDS?

That is the bad thing about the HB kits, no real RAF specific weapons other than the ALARMs. Probably the main reason I have not bought one - well that and unemployment...

For free fallweapons from the RSAF - would they have been British or US in origin, other than the JP-233? I'm thinking BL755 and 1000lb vs Rockeye and Mk 83s. IIRC the kit does come with a quartet of Mk 83 1000lb iron bombs - with ballute retard fins.

The Italeri kit doesn't really have any decent weapons either. Saudis used British bomb origin on the Tornados.