Hi Dave,

First my compliments. Excellent build! This is arguably the best F-100 I've ever seen in the SEA scheme. Very well painted and weathered.

Just curious about how you did the burnt paint on the aft end of the fuselage. There are so many approaches to this very distinctive characteristic.

Also, would it be possible to get a few larger, high-res images of the model?

Again, well done!

Edited by thegoodsgt
David..

It is truly a loevly build..Love the camo colors ..How did you make them "infuse" into one another and how did you manage to get those white stripes to the rear of the aircraft.

AWESOME build ! :crying2::thumbsup::worship:

HOLMES

Thank you.

I built this model about five or six years ago and I am trying to remember how I did the burnt paint on the rear of the fuselage since I am constantly trying new methods of weathering.

I believe I painted the rear of the aircraft in silver lacquer first, then a heavy coat of white, and then the camouflage colors.

I then moisten a Q-tip with lacquer thinner and gently rubbed off the camouflage colors, through the white to the silver lacquer. In some areas I had to touch up the silver and white, and then sanded the area to blend it all together.

To make the colors “fuse†together; after painting all the camouflage colors, I gently sand the entire model then apply the weathering coats.

I recently submitted an article on how I weather models, it should appear in a couple of weeks.

If you want a copy of this article please send me an e-mail from the F 100 E-mail Contributor link.

Dave

Hi Dave,

First my compliments. Excellent build! This is arguably the best F-100 I've ever seen in the SEA scheme. Very well painted and weathered.

Just curious about how you did the burnt paint on the aft end of the fuselage. There are so many approaches to this very distinctive characteristic.

Also, would it be possible to get a few larger, high-res images of the model?

Again, well done!

Thank you.

Just send me an e-mail from the F 100 E-mail Contributor link and I will send you the full resolution photos.

Dave

Thank you.

I built this model about five or six years ago and I am trying to remember how I did the burnt paint on the rear of the fuselage since I am constantly trying new methods of weathering.

I believe I painted the rear of the aircraft in silver lacquer first, then a heavy coat of white, and then the camouflage colors.

I then moisten a Q-tip with lacquer thinner and gently rubbed off the camouflage colors, through the white to the silver lacquer. In some areas I had to touch up the silver and white, and then sanded the area to blend it all together.

To make the colors “fuse†together; after painting all the camouflage colors, I gently sand the entire model then apply the weathering coats.

I recently submitted an article on how I weather models, it should appear in a couple of weeks.

If you want a copy of this article please send me an e-mail from the F 100 E-mail Contributor link.

Dave

Dave

thank you for the reply..nice techniques and it worked well ..

HOLMES :thumbsup: