Ok weve seen and we see some great builds of aircraft and other models....so now the $0.64 question....how long ?do you sit and admire your handy work on your latest piece of modeling art before you sit it on the shelf with all the rest of your completed pieces and return to the bench to start the next one.

I'm not one to answer as I haven't that many that I can sit and adore. In other words how long is it before the new wears off?

wow that's a big one cliffy !!! err by that i mean the question obviously !! :deadhorse1:

well very little all told !! perhaps a second or two unless i built it for doing an oil painting from

i usualy either photograph for on here or just bung the thing in my cabinet or on a shelf

i figgure i looked at it enough whilst i was building it

enjoyment comes from others taking time to look !!

I'm not one to answer as I haven't that many that I can sit and adore. In other words how long is it before the new wears off?

when it gets broken where I have to stop fondling it.

I tend to stop to look at my junk for about a week or two, and then the novelty wears off.

That said, I wonder why we plastic modelers don't trade our models with other modelers. In the world of figure painting, it's very common for two guys who talents are roughly the same to trade figures. It's a nice way to build a true "collection" that you can admire, and others' figures may often inspire our own work. So why aren't we doing that? I've seen some great builds here on ARC that I'd love to own!

Edited by thegoodsgt
I tend to stop to look at my junk for about a week or two, and then the novelty wears off.

That said, I wonder why we plastic modelers don't trade our models with other modelers. In the world of figure painting, it's very common for two guys who talents are roughly the same to trade figures. It's a nice way to build a true "collection" that you can admire, and others' figures may often inspire our own work. So why aren't we doing that? I've seen some great builds here on ARC that I'd love to own!

I am sure there are people that do that and with other modeling also.

If it's a clunker, a "learning experience" then less time for sure. If it's a solid build, one that I had fun with, learned a lot, and makes a decent display piece, the answer is "never"...

I'll start new builds but always have my display shelf to look at. I always go back and look at my older builds. Until they get trashed, broken, etc. The lesser quality builds, the cheaper builds, the less accurate builds, I'm more willing to part with should anything happen to them, but my "top notch" I keep as long as possible, and enjoy as much as I can.

How many keep a model around the Work bench for inspiration for the model they are working on?

That is pretty much how a part of mine gets broken and then it has to stay on the shelf then i bring another down till something happens to it LOL.

Thinking about it, this is probably the reason why I leave problem areas not premo when i know i will build multiples of the same subject. Meaning I can use the none premo work as a 3D instruction for the next build.

Edited by Wayne S
Ok weve seen and we see some great builds of aircraft and other models....so now the $0.64 question....how long ?do you sit and admire your handy work on your latest piece of modeling art before you sit it on the shelf with all the rest of your completed pieces and return to the bench to start the next one.

Wait a minute... you mean we're supposed to finish them?