I want to make white decals but my printer don't have white ink... Does anyone know of an affordable printer that can print white? Any other ideas on this? I've even tried painting the white on both my model, before applying the decals, and on the decal paper, before printing. Not satisfied with either.

A few ideas...

1. Print it to white decal film and carefully trim close to the existing borders and then touch-up with paint once on the model...

2. Depending on what the background color is going to be on the kit, try to match that as close as possible as a surrounding color to your border, print to white decal film, trim close to it and then touch it up on the kit...

3. Print four of them to clear film, paint your white OVER two of them, apply those to the model first and then layer the other ones over the top of that.

The only other thing right now would be to have somebody print it for you, who has access to a printer than can print the white for it. Currently there's not really an affordable or readily available or easy to use printer that will do such a thing, but there is a chap around here that's working towards that end, but so far his setup is not available for purchase.

Thanks J.C. I'll try that. Funny how technology is so "advanced" but there's no affordable printer to print white...

Oh and where do I get white decal film? I'm in South Africa so hobby supplies are limited. Don't know if you'll know?

Edited by Nicolaas

There is technology to print white that has existed for many years. The problem is, there is (apparently) no market for such a printer outside of the .00000001% of printer users who are modelers wanting to print white. We're not worth their time or effort.

J