How Many Kits In Your Stash?

I am in the process of moving. So while I was packing box after box of model kits I decided to inventory my stash. Now keep in mind this is a stash that has been growing since the mid 80s and it consists of planes, ships, and automobiles.

I am down to packing one more closet full of 1/72 scale aircraft and I think I will be approacing the 1000 kit mark once completed. Wow!!

There is no way I will ever finish all of these kits. Maybe it is time to start selling of some of the kits I don't think I will build. What is the best way to do this? I don't want to give the kits away.

• 8 months later...

I'm sitting on around 110 kits. :woot.gif: Mostly 1/72 USN aircraft, 2) 1/350 WWII battlships, 4) box scale Revell Carriers & the USS Pine Island, 1) scratchbuilt 1/350 USS Ranger CVA-61, 2) 1/32 jets, 1) 1/24 Bf-109E and 8) 1/800 WWII carriers, several 1/48 aircraft & a few cars, trucks & motorcycles. Not to mention several Star Trek kits :boohoo:

109 are aircraft, 4 are 1/32, 1 is 1/72. Everything else is 1/48.

The 1 other is a Star Trek Klingon bird of pray. I planned on matching it with my big scale Enterprise but now I am not sure where I would put it.

Of the 110, I guess around 50 came from trades with Dong. 6 from Tony H and another 10ish from other ARC members.

By far the majority are Phantoms, followed by various Hornets then Tomcats.

Since Nov 2010 I have the same number + or - 1 or 2. Differences, all the 1/32 has been built except a recent 1/32 F-4J I got in a trade. Still have the 1/72 Herc and Klingon. Buying a lot less lately as I no longer work near a hobby store.

According to the Excel-Sheet, which I use to keep track of which kit is in wch box, it says 344. The latest addition was included on friday.

Mixed from 1/144 scale to 1/28. That does not include started kits or kits that I am going to cut apart, to get cross sections for R/C models out of it.

I really need to slow down buing stuff. I'm afraid that don't have any space in my house for the finished models.

I did some stash reorganization this evening, and took the chance to count up my total.

It came to exactly 220 kits, not counting the box of kits I intend to sell off.

Wow. I need to do some bigtime reductions.

Anyhow, have any of you done a count lately? If so, what does it add up to?

I have about 400 kits (give or take 25). Have literally run out of room, and need a major house cleaning!

gary

Let's see... according to the spreadsheet that would be 172. (1/48th aircraft + a few off scale incidentals)

In my defence I do have 144 built and on display. (Comforting to realize my stash quantity seems tame in comparison to some of the grand totals here.)

…and I’m sure this will be the year that the stash declines instead of increasing… Really, it could happen.

How many? No idea except that it's WAY too many, and it's about to become a LOT less. Keep an eye on the Buy & Sell board. I'm seriously downsizing (by probably 95%) in the coming weeks and months.

I do not have a good camera to take photos with, but it is nice to see these collections.

I think that a pinned stash collections thread would be nice if possible(yes I know there are a lot of pinned threads) but it would keep all the shots in one thread.

I did some stash reorganization this evening, and took the chance to count up my total.

It came to exactly 220 kits, not counting the box of kits I intend to sell off.

Wow. I need to do some bigtime reductions.

Anyhow, have any of you done a count lately? If so, what does it add up to?

no change from last time I posted... You think with having to save up for

600mmf4-VR.jpg and related tripod and gimbal. :crying2:

I have the money to buy kits? :( ~sigh~ and I was really planning on getting that Hase Raptor too. :( It's just that I want the N-ikon 600mm f/4 VR more than kits right at this moment. :P

Edited by The_Animal