How Many Kits In Your Stash?

I have about 75-ish. Only 1/48 and 1/32....maybe two 1/72 kits and one 1/144.

I need to update my spreadsheet.

It got really out of hand. I used to have only about 12.

I blame all of you for building such nice models that made me want to do the same; thus resulting in my considerable stash.

Good news is, I haven't really bought a kit in months.

Around 600. 2 boats (350th Enterprise and 72nd Gato sub), 20 armor, around 200 automotive and the rest aircraft. Also 250+ aftermarket resin/photoetch items, over 200 decal sheets, 200+ books, 50+ video tapes and/or DVD's, and too many bottles of paint to count! LOL

Around 135 mostly in 1:48. I too have slowed down purchasing, as I have about 75% of the available cold war acft I want to build. I'm still look on the lookout for great deals , decals and after-market. Mostly I'm looking for the cold war Russian, French, Swedish and British planes which are harder to find in 1:48. My wife has noted my decrease in spending and out of left field told me I could buy a paint booth for my Christmas present from her. Can you believe it?

Edited by Unit19
IMy database (A lot of us does that, don't we? :) ) informs me that I stand at 341, mainly 1/72 scale aircraft and armour, with sci-fi and some sea power thrown in...

I'm building an Excel spreadsheet for that. I think mine is between 50-100. I haven't finished counting.

I have 360. Yikes.

I remember when I joined the ARC forums that I thought people were absolutely crazy to have a stash of kits. But then I started learning about all the cool kits and companies out there, and I couldn't help myself!

You guys corrupted me! :)

:thumbsup:

Mike

Image021-2.jpg

Image022-2.jpg

Don't know lost count. They are mostly 1:72 including my almost complete Matchbox collection!! There are more pile's around my office but much smaller. Most are cheap buys off Ebay.

I need to get out more!!

That's not a stash mate. You brought home the whole store.

I'm at 14, including 2 kits that are 95% done. The shopping cart online has 9 more waiting until I click check-out.

that Matchbox collection is cooool

1600? "see honey, I'm not so bad"

I have 444 aircraft kits in a Paradox database, with tables for weapons, decals, etc, etc

she counts seats, photoetch, decals and weapons sets as models,,,,so, her number is higher than mine,,,,,,,but, I tell her that seats and missiles and tow tractors are supplies, not models,,,,,ack, that doesn't work, then she wants to get into paints

"accidentally" having enough planes to fill 5 real aircraft carriers is either a blessing,,,,or a curse, not sure which

the worst part?,,,,,there are still more to buy that I "need" for my theme,,,,,bit of time before I have to run out and get them, though

Rex

Excel DOES have a tendency of doing that if your spreadsheet reaches 900+.

I'd forgotten that. So my database has space for another 669 before it's not big enough ...

I recently started cataloging all of my kits, decals, PE, and resin as of Nov. 19th, I took the whole week off from work, and it's still ongoing. ;)

That's, er, one way to use your time off ... :P

Funny, I just did a count myself this weekend.

So far, it stands at about 325. I was shocked. I figured about 180-200 at most.

Mostly aircraft, but broken down as follows;

1/72

258 aircraft, of which 4 are vacforms, and 67 are the Matchbox collection (glad to see I'm not alone here, I think...)

At least 19 are for the Irish Air Corps collection and most of the rest are post-war, jets props and helos.

1/700-1/720 ships,

31, of which 18 are aircraft carriers and all are post war.

1/144

1/48 aircraft

9, all post-war/modern jets.

1/24-1/25 cars,

1/72 boats/ships

1/350 scale CVN carriers

2 (Enterprise and Nimitz)

1/32

2 (Tamiya F-14A and Has 109)

1/24

1 Airfix Sea Harrier.

My themes are (in 1/72) Irish Air Corps, Naval aviation, USS Nimitz 75-87, South Atlantic 1982, (1/700) Post-war Navies/Carriers.

The other side of the ledger is as follows (i.e. built models that have not been scrapped or dumped!)

Approx 90 (another shock!) 1/72 aircraft, 20 1/700/720 warships, 6 1/144 aircraft, 5 1/24/25 cars and 4 1/76 military vehicles. Grand total of about 124.

I don't count all the individual aircraft that come with the 350th CVNs. If I did I'd be committed!

I get the impression there are a large number of shopping addicts on here rather than model builders :P It's been mentioned before, but what do you do with a pile of 2000 kits ( other than open a shop ). Most modellers would be dead before clearing a quarter of that number. The other thing that confuses me is why people have a pile of 10 identical kits amongst their stash. Two or three I could understand to cover a few variants, but I've seen a number of stash photos with piles and piles of identical kits. Is this really a forum for shopping addicts? ;)

I have 5 kits ( mostly 1/48 bombers ), only two of which I bought, the others were given to me by friends clearing out their workshops. I consider that a large supply that will last me a few years. I don't feel the need to collect further kits until these are built and out of the way.

I've got about 140 kits in the stash (don't ask me to get up and count them all!), some in my room and some in the loft as winter insulation! When I got back into the hobby 9 years ago I went on a kit buying spree and realised about 4 years ago I wasn't interested in building many of them. At that point I had about 250.

So what I did was to sell most of the ones I didn't want and get a few more that I really did want. Lately I've been buying just the kits I want for particular builds but that doesn't stop me from having 20 half-done models on the go or from keeping the stash 'just in case' :wub: