• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/29/2011 at 5:49 PM, UH-1Mad said:

Some more red ones! These Oz Hueys(4 I think?) were painted red for a tour of duty with the Peace Monitoring Group, Bougainville, 04/98 to 07/01.

LolohoPads.jpg

UH-1-95.jpg

a02bougainville2.jpg

huey02.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Chris or anyone who knows 

can  please confirm the color of the blade,tail and main rotor for those Hueys? I am doing one... but can see fin they were black / green/ all black / both/ 

G'day

I saw olive drab on top and black underneath main rotors. Some had white tail rotors with black stripes.

The helo's sure weren't painted red, might look red in a certain light but trust me, they were like an International orange colour. I was there during OP BELISI in 1997,1998 & 1999,  aboard HMAS Tobruk LSH 50.:thumbsup2:

Edited by Devo
typo

hi I was over there on operation op belisi  bougainville and am sure that I have plenty of photos of the hueys olive drab on top black under and white tail rotor  and they were day glow orang NOT RED 

Edited by waza
9 hours ago, waza said:

hi I was over there on operation op belisi  bougainville and am sure that I have plenty of photos of the hueys olive drab on top black under and white tail rotor  and they were day glow orang NOT RED 

Thanks for the Info

can you share with us sone Off this el photos sir. 

Ill fix the rotor on mine. 

hjDu0Kp.jpg

Edited by CharlieUH-1H
12 hours ago, biggu said:

This is an excellent thread, I have just spent 1 1/2 hrs reading the drooling..... could do with a few more civve ones though.....? I have a few but not official Bell pics, or prototypes.....

How about these:

Bell 427 in PHI markings.  Bell photo.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Bell 205A C-GREU Advantage Vernon, BC August 2012. 
Photo by John Olafson.

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

UH-1H N733NA NASA at NAS Moffett Field, CA in July 1985. Photo taken by Tim White.

Bristow 212 from the Wayne Mutza collection.

A great perspective on a 412. Photo from Bell collection dated 2005.  Taken by Sheldon Cohen.

Image may contain: outdoor