Now this is a real beauty, this Huey has the P&W PT-6 engine, and interesting to know the tail rotor is the original UH-1H rotor and is left handed....

Got to love hueys!!!

Rod.

HUEYconPT-6.jpg

rod,

Nice shot. perhaps I'm missing something here, but that Huey has a right handed tail rotor. You mean its the original left handed rotor and now turns backwards? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused.

Ray

rod,

Nice shot. perhaps I'm missing something here, but that Huey has a right handed tail rotor. You mean its the original left handed rotor and now turns backwards? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused.

Ray

Oh sorry Ray, yes youre correct, i was looking from the nose of the helo, but yes, i mean that tail rotor is in the same position that the 212, and Huey II has them... it is a real beauty.

Rod.

to continue the thread. Here are some Venezuelan 205's.

205venezuela051.jpg

WHOAAAAAAAA!!

This is a Super pic..!!

Thank you very much for share it..!!

I really appreciate..!!

Hope you have more venezuelan bells to share..

best regards from Caracas

BTW, just in case you want to know; all these machines in the pic wear in their tails the letters : "CHR1" standing for flight "C" from Helicopter Reconnaissance squadron number one, CHR1...

Alberto.-

• 1 month later...
WHOAAAAAAAA!!

This is a Super pic..!!

Thank you very much for share it..!!

I really appreciate..!!

Hope you have more venezuelan bells to share..

best regards from Caracas

BTW, just in case you want to know; all these machines in the pic wear in their tails the letters : "CHR1" standing for flight "C" from Helicopter Reconnaissance squadron number one, CHR1...

Alberto.-

Alberto,

Wow, I totally forgot to reply to your comments. I'm glad you liked the photo. I'm not sure if I have any more Venezuelan birds or not, but I'll check. In the meantime, it's time to revive this thread with a few more pics from the Wayne Mutza Collection. These are all black and white, but i think the quality is excellent. let me know if you want to see more black and white stuff or should I just stick to color photos?

Ray

UH-1B 62-2403 Phoenix June 1970:

UH-1B%2062-2403%2043N%20Army%20Pheonix%2006-02-70%20small.jpg

Bell 205 A-1 Dubai Police:

Bell%20205%20A-1%20Dubai%20Police%20small.jpg

UH-1F 57953 37 ARRS October 1978:

UH-1F%2057953%2037%20ARRS%2010-78%20small.jpg

UH-1H Army McDill AFB June 1983:

UH-1H%20Army%20McDill%20AFB%206-11-83%20small.jpg

UH-1D 66-0836 349th AVN Co Ansbach May 1971. Note this is one of the very late D models that received a roof mounted pitot.

UH-1D%2066-0836%20349th%20AVN%20Co%20Ansbach%2005-30-71.jpg

Edited by rotorwash
  • 4 months later...

Looks like I've let this thread languish enough. Time to kickstart this puppy. I recently was fortunate enough to scan a nice collection of Cobra photos taken by Mike Verier. Mike was also kind enough to allow me to post some here. His only request is that they are for personal non-commercial use only. If you want to see even more of Mike's photos try to find THIS book. If you like Cobras, this one is a must have! I will send the link to this thread to Mike, so please join me in thanking him for sharing his images. If you guys want, I can post more. Just let me know what you'd like to see. Enjoy!

Ray

TAH-1F Ft. Rucker:

AH-1%252520Ft%252520Rucker%25252030.jpg

AH-1E Ft. Bragg:

AH-1%252520Ft%252520Bragg%25252016.jpg

[AH-1%252520Ft%252520Bragg%25252040.jpg

UH-1N and 2 AH-1J's Camp Pendleton:

AH-1J%252520Camp%252520Pendleton%25252020.jpg

AH-1J New River:

AH-1J%252520New%252520River%25252016.jpg

AH-1W Camp Pendleton:

AH-1W%252520Camp%252520Pendleton%252520535%2525204%252520edited.jpg

AH-1T:

AH-1T%2525206.jpg

JGSDF AH-1F:

JGSDF%252520AH-1F.jpg

Jordanian AH-1F at the Bell Plant:

Jordanian%252520AH-1F.jpg

Edited by rotorwash
  • 1 month later...

Time for some new pics. Santiago Rivas was kind enough to send me some excellent South American Huey photos. I thought I'd start with these from the Argentine Army Attack and Exploration Squadron 602. The Huey II is armed with locally built 70mm rocket launchers for Albatros rockets (also locally built). It looks a lot like the old XM3 system to me. The other two UH-1H's are from the unit and are equipped with 105 mm rocket launchers for Pampero rockets and pods for MAG machine guns. The photos were taken on late 2010. Thanks Santiago!

Ray

SRF_1251.jpg

SRF_1255.jpg

SRF_1293.jpg

SRF_1541.jpg

SRF_1545.jpg

SRF_1613.jpg

SRF_1776.jpg

Great photos of Argentine AF hueys. Ray, i think that is in effect a XM3 system.

By the way, their Hueys II are upgraded by their own mechanics, they have Bell license to do that.

I am contributing with some ``Bell beauty shots´´ of El Salvador AF including Bell UH-1H(always), Bell UH-1M and Bell 412EP. The blue/white 412EP is the presidential helo.

Hope u like them.

Rod.

2guardianessobreSSsector3.jpg

0022.jpg

15MARZO20HELICOP.jpg

0033.jpg

0039-1.jpg

0041-1.jpg

0043.jpg

Looks like I've let this thread languish enough. Time to kickstart this puppy. I recently was fortunate enough to scan a nice collection of Cobra photos taken by Mike Verier. Mike was also kind enough to allow me to post some here. His only request is that they are for personal non-commercial use only. If you want to see even more of Mike's photos try to find THIS book. If you like Cobras, this one is a must have! I will send the link to this thread to Mike, so please join me in thanking him for sharing his images. If you guys want, I can post more. Just let me know what you'd like to see. Enjoy!

AH-1W Camp Pendleton:

AH-1W%252520Camp%252520Pendleton%252520535%2525204%252520edited.jpg

Great book and I really like the photo but I really really hate that hill in the background.

Rod - great photo's as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

Images taken 2 weeks ago by me.

Italian Air Force AB-212.

Photos taken under an official/authorized visit to 15th Wing base and under the surveillance of a LT Col. Note the gray color of the upper surfaces of the blades.

Dscf8940.jpg

Dscf8897.jpg

Dscf9163.jpg

Thanks, coming from Ray I assumed US based. Still a good one to add to my someday build list of fire / forestry helos.

I actually looked that acronym up but came up with nothing. I guess my Googlefu failed me this time! Thanks for the info, Ryan. I should also mention that all the above images except for the Ft. Richardson cobra are from the Wayne Mutza collection. It's is both a wide and deep source of Bell material. The artic cobra is from the USAAM archives. Maurizio, thanks for the Italian 212 images!

Ray

Do you have any info on this one? North Carolina forestry maybe?

Hi Guys,

First post on here, thanks for all the great photos, some very interesting ones in here.

Regarding the yellow UH-1H NSCA helicopter. This is from the long gone National Safety Council of Australia, Victorian Division, which was a para-military rescue operation, with a multitude of aircraft/equipment and bases with some big contracts. very interesting story on their rise and dramatic fall from grace, well documented on other websites, if interested.

Have some other pics, of their aircraft that I shall look for later, but will try to post one here at the moment

NSCA205and212atCalderPark.jpg

couple of other Vietnam RAAF Hueys

m177.jpg

m176.jpg

And a couple of Dick Smith, an Australian, who was the first person to fly a helicopter solo around the world, plus a couple of other records later on

DIK-3.jpg

DIK-2.jpg

DIK-1.jpg