Italeri Bf-110 G-4 Night Fighter

Aires makes 2 resin sets:

- a resin cockpit and

- control surfaces set

Aires also used to have a more comprehensive detail set as well for the 110G, in addition to the cockpit, it included an engine, drop tanks and photoetch set (identical to the Eduard set) amongst other things. Eduard used to have a fairly comprehensive photoetch set, if you can find it.

Falcon makes the correct G-4 canopy as part of one of their Luftwaffe sets - sadly you will have to buy the set to get the canopy, Squadron never issued it by itself.

Quickboost offers a prop and spinner set, which is very nice.

The Airwaves photoetch sets will help, I had them and got rid of them, they just don't compare with the Eduard set. I've come across a seller from the Ukraine on eBay. He lists photoetch sets that are remarkably close to the Eduard sets. He did have the 110G set not all that long ago.

The real gem to find was put out by Hawkeye Designs in the 1990s, it was a cockpit set (which was more detailed than the Aires one) and marketed seperately was a Schrage Musik conversion. Those 2 sets are very hard to find, haven't seen them on eBay in years.

As for the Revell 110G, it is the old FROG kit and suffers from incorrectly shaped / undersized engine nacelles. Not worth considering.

Some people may recommend the High Planes kit, I wouldn't. I spent the money on a couple several years ago and it reminded me of the Italeri kit, except it was scribed (not great detail) and came wth the Falcon canopy. The engine nacelles on it are also undersized, not as bad as the FROG kit, but still noticeable. The white metal bits were pretty rough too. IMHO, just not worth the money - regardless of the hype High Planes puts behind their kit.

I bought a die cast kit of a 110G, with the idea of molding the engine nacelles and grafting them onto the Italeri kit. I do not recall the manufacturer, but it does have possibilities.

Hope this helps.