Cheapskate Group Build Ends Today!!!!!

i have little odds and ends landing gear , decals and paint toutch ups

main work is done , but due to commitments it may be tommorow night for completion

unless i'm realy lucky tonight as i have to hand paint some markings

i have little odds and ends landing gear , decals and paint toutch ups

main work is done , but due to commitments it may be tommorow night for completion

unless i'm realy lucky tonight as i have to hand paint some markings

You can only do you best and thats it! If you can't finish don't worry to much its supposed to be fun not a chore.

Watch this space, because i may just do this!! Decals have proved a problem, but i may have a cunning and time saving plan. :crying2:

i have an apointment tommorow , so i'm finnishing it up tommorow all markings ended up being hand painted as the dutch roundels were too far off red ( they looked a lot redder on the sheet )

only main gear instalation and painting left for tommorow

the gear is scratch built as the kits were damaged

not exact , for speed , but good representations

i have an apointment tommorow , so i'm finnishing it up tommorow all markings ended up being hand painted as the dutch roundels were too far off red ( they looked a lot redder on the sheet )

only main gear instalation and painting left for tommorow

the gear is scratch built as the kits were damaged

not exact , for speed , but good representations

Can't wait to see everyone else's!! Just finnished, wife took some photo's and i kid you not some of the paint was still wet!!

Here's my build. 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I by Pegasus. The kit cost only $11. I used MM enamel paints, Tamiya Weathering Master for the exhust and gun smoke stains, ProModeler "dark" wash for the panel lines and kit decals. I built it plane with the gear up so my 6 year old nephew can hang it from his roof.

Enjoy!

Spit4.jpg

Spit1.jpg

Spit3.jpg

Spit2.jpg

Good looking Spitfire! Almost jumped in with a 1/72 Airfix Mk.I myself but I knew I'd never make it, plus I didn't wanna spend my 4-day Thanksgiving weekend building and painting like a man posessed!

Nice job. :cheers:

John

May be next time John eh? I really enjoyed doing this, it was a right laugh! I may organise another in the new year if anyone's interested?

Oliver

May be next time John eh? I really enjoyed doing this, it was a right laugh! I may organise another in the new year if anyone's interested?

Oliver

Yeah maybe next time, Oliver, although TWO weeks would be kinda nice! :monkeydance: If the aerosol-can clearcoats are still cool with you I'd pretty much HAVE to jump in.

Set it up as an official G/B, add another week to it, and you'll probably get a much better turnout.

This one's fun to watch though!

Again, great idea.

John

with a few destractions and build difficulties i am finaly finnished

fully hand painted , markings include ( no suitable decals ) landing gear scratch built as kit items were broken up and large parts missing

dog of a build ( no time for filler ) so used the glue , melt , press , smear excess blobbs technique

nice enjoyable quick build

be nice to do another in the future

5221300567_eaa6fc2f92_b.jpg

with a few destractions and build difficulties i am finaly finnished

fully hand painted , markings include ( no suitable decals ) landing gear scratch built as kit items were broken up and large parts missing

dog of a build ( no time for filler ) so used the glue , melt , press , smear excess blobbs technique

nice enjoyable quick build

be nice to do another in the future

5221300567_eaa6fc2f92_b.jpg

Well done! Thats not bad at all mate. Just shows you what you can do with a bit of talent and a brush! Different subject as well nice one.

with so many suitable options in the stash , sometimes i have to confess myself

" what on earth was i thinking !! " :worship::rofl:

with two hortens in the stash i must have been barking !! :jaw-dropping:

Edited by tornado64

Needless to say I didn't get this done. I was away on vacation.

I did get a great start on the kit though and I am really looking forward to wrapping it up and getting started on the Canadian Wings GB.

Rob

Needless to say I didn't get this done. I was away on vacation.

I did get a great start on the kit though and I am really looking forward to wrapping it up and getting started on the Canadian Wings GB.

Rob

you can still post the finnished result here !! it will be nice to see

I am still working away on this little Corsair and having a great time doing it. I really don't recall the last time I took a paint brush to a model but this is the plane with the cockpit installed and the first coat of paint on the fuselage. I'll do a coat tomorrow on the wings and then I am going to throw a washed out blue to the whole model to try and get a sun bleached effect.

307.jpg

I know I am way off with the GB completion date but this is a blast.

Rob

I am still working away on this little Corsair and having a great time doing it. I really don't recall the last time I took a paint brush to a model but this is the plane with the cockpit installed and the first coat of paint on the fuselage. I'll do a coat tomorrow on the wings and then I am going to throw a washed out blue to the whole model to try and get a sun bleached effect.

307.jpg

I know I am way off with the GB completion date but this is a blast.

Rob

Keep going Rob!! You can have a look at mine its on another thread?

Oliver