Anigrand 1/144 C-5

I bit the bullet and bought the Anigrand 1/144 C-5. First I will say Anigrand has improved their casting over the other kits I have purchased. My copy is bubble free with no pinholes in the major assemblies I examined. Dry fitting the fuselage's four parts reveals a good fit with minor sanding it can even be improved. Each segment has positive locator tabs which will help tremendously in getting everything lined up. The wings appear to be free of warps or sagging. The bottom insert of the wing which fits into the upper half sits a little shallow. I would think some square plastic rod glued on the back of the insert at various points will improve this. Also the inner portion of the wing comes up a little short near the wing tip. Again plastic square rod should take care of this. I did not fit the wing to fuselage as there is a casting strip which needs to be removed. The panel lines are a little over scale but are probably in line with the Revell C-17. The interior is limited to the flight deck and 6 seats with no instrument panel, but I plan on painting my windows black anyway. The clear parts are typical for 1/144 scale resin kits, clear but not crystal clear. The engines look nice with each engine having a pylon molded onto one engine half. Both B and M engines are included and packaged separately to keep the parts from being mismatched. The decals appear to be a little thick but I'm going to use Draw decals as replacements. Decals are for only one C-5 from Dover. The instructions are very short and to the point but anyone with modeling experience will have no problems. I've seen some comments about the nose not looking right. I've examined photos and to me it looks fine. I think part of the problem is without the nose cap it looks odd. A pitot boom is included for the M version prototype. Three additional kits are included; Fairchild T-46 (T-37 replacement which did not come into production), Cessna O-2 Skymaster, Boeing YUH-61 Helicopter and these appear to be well cast also. Overall I'm satisfied with my purchase and believe it will make a nice model once completed.

Terry