"Tell Hasegawa what to build" topic?

There was a thread a month or so ago that contained a linnk to "tell" Hasegawa what new kits you'd like to see them make, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone have the link to the Has. site or thread about it?

I know there was also a Tamiya one, but not looking for that one.

Thanks!

...which was? Like I said I know Tamiya recently did this, it'd be interesting to see what they decide on based on customer input.

I believe this went down some 15-20 years ago. Monogram, or Revell-Monogram, or some version of them/it, released a 1/48 PBY-Catalina and JU-52 after much begging and pleading by potential customers. The molds were a terrifically expensive investment, but the kits did not sell. They're both beautiful kits, but nobody bought them. It really crippled the company.

I remember that. I think it was Finescale Modeller magazine that polled the readership and submitted the results to the manufacturers. They delivered, the modellers baulked, the rest is history. Kinda tells you why they are cautious with releases.

Don

The manufacturers are better off making their own decisions. We're just a bunch of spoiled brats that complain when the rivets are too deep, let alone the fact that so and so is the only manufacturer to produce the kit.

Stay far away.

Aaron

Lotta truth in what you say.

Don

somebody should tell them what happened to Monogram when they did this

???

are you telling me that monogram run to bankrupcy by listening to what their customers would had wished???

i think more that monogram had listen to who they wanted to... and not what mostly people wanted...

so monogram did what they wanted, and nothing else...

and what happened to monogram was in no way linked to the marketing exercise of surveying their target market...

i don't see why model makers wouldn't do like every else company on earth...

(eee... maybe GM think like you... and think that their eventual customers are just bunch of stupid-lousy four-eyed dork-geeks....

and should in no way care about them... or what they wanted...)

Edited by mingwin
I remember that. I think it was Finescale Modeller magazine that polled the readership and submitted the results to the manufacturers. They delivered, the modellers baulked, the rest is history. Kinda tells you why they are cautious with releases.

Don

if so, model maker should have consider of wich % of modellers are finescale readers....

i don't think (with all respect due) that Finescale Modeller magasine sells million issue a month.

(neither all modeller related magasines togheter)

i had buy several undreds kits in my life... and not even a single model-related magasine in the same time...

Edited by mingwin
I believe this went down some 15-20 years ago. Monogram, or Revell-Monogram, or some version of them/it, released a 1/48 PBY-Catalina and JU-52 after much begging and pleading by potential customers. The molds were a terrifically expensive investment, but the kits did not sell. They're both beautiful kits, but nobody bought them. It really crippled the company.

if it's true, that was a very seriously risked bet...

by investing so much in only one segment of market (very large propelled aircraft)they put all their eggs in the same basket...

nothing related to consumer care...