I like it! You can go a long way when you have "modeling skill required" and little else. Your build demonstrates that quite well. You may find a lot of like minded folk at the Unofficial Airfix Modelers forum. We don't take things to seriously there

I like it! You can go a long way when you have "modeling skill required" and little else. Your build demonstrates that quite well. You may find a lot of like minded folk at the Unofficial Airfix Modelers forum. We don't take things to seriously there

Cheers!

It was an excercise in fun more than anything else. I'll check out that forum thanks for that. I really admire some of the folk on here and thier creations, alot of them are pieces of art more than models. I could'nt do anything like that havent got the patience, if it takes me any longer than a two or three weeks to do i start getting bored!!

WOW! That really came out NICE, Oliver, what a SLICK little model!

That one would brighten up ANY showcase.

NICE job. :)

John

Cheers John!

I saw this camo pattern online and i thought WOW! I would love to recreate that on this GB. I was a bit worried about the time scale, because the yellow pinstriping took a while to do. And then you have to wait 6 hours for it to dry before adding another coat. And belive it or not theres four coats on there!

Just shows you what you can get done in a week.

i agree with holmsey !! loveley work and a difrent scheme for sure !! love it !!

Thanks gents your too kind!

I applied the decals in double quick time, but only after they had gone on and dryed did i realise how "silvered" they looked! So what i did is quickly paint round them with the same coloured matt paints as the camo. And the effect worked a treat, the silvering was reduced considerably. So not only did i enjoy myself, i learned a new trick to boot!

A big thank you to everyone who took part. Its been a hoot and been made all the more enjoyable with a bit of company along the way. :worship:

Edited by Paintedwithayardbrush