My two CF-5Ds are finally done. The aluminum finish is the Classic Airframes 1/48 kit, and the grape camo is the Esci 1/72 kit. Thanks to Emvar for the small version as part of a trade.

P1100411.jpg

P1100412.jpg

P1100413.jpg

P1100410.jpg

P1100406.jpg

Here they are with a build from a couple years ago, the Classic Airframes single-seater.

P1100421.jpg

ALF

Love em both, I really love the C?A 1/48 kit, got to get me one of those some day.

Thanks Charlie. With a lot of effort, it builds up OK, but it sure is a pain to get it looking all right! Even so, I highly recommend you get one and try it. In this scale, it's the best option for an F-5A or B.

ALF

Nice looking planes there. I really got to suck it up and finish my CF-5 that I have. It's been collecting dust partially done on my work bench for a couple of years now. It is the CA kit.

I first saw a -104 when I was 6, and it was what decided with finality that I wanted to become a fighter pilot (the idea started when I was four and spending a year in Hungary with my grandparents, and seeing a MiG-21...). Alas, by the time I turned 18 my eyesight had gone to hell, to the point that CF didn't even want me as a grunt. But building models lets me at least dream of what could have been! :)

Here's my 1/72 scale Revell CF-18. I used Leading Edge decals to represent an aircraft I flew often on 433 Squadron in Bagotville. This airframe (790) is the one I got to deliver to Bagotville from Cold Lake when we finished our CF-18 course and formed 433 Squadron. It had 50 hours on the airframe at the time, and smelled brand new!

This one is done up in typical training configuration for the early 1990s - two tanks, with a captive AIM-9M on one wingtip. The missile bodies had the fins removed at the time; nowadays, even the front (guidance) fins are removed on the CATMs.

The stand is from a small model that was given to each pilot finishing the CF-18 course in Cold Lake. I built an old model years ago (in the middle of this pic), and now am happy to have an updated and better-quality one to display instead. It's nice to see how one's skills do actually improve over time... :rolleyes:

P1100585.jpg

Here it is finished!

P1100587.jpg

P1100588.jpg

P1100592.jpg

P1100593.jpg

ALF

Approaching for landing... Photos were taken while the landing gears were still drying. I think I won't have time to take studio shots of the model, so these are what I have at the moment.

Canadair24.jpg

Canadair25.jpg

Canadair26.jpg

Canadair27.jpg

I'm calling this project done. It was a fun project and enabled me to build my first jet. Thanks for organizing and running this group build!

While all you kids were fooling around with those kerosene convertors, the tail-dragging piston types ruled!

Thanks Charlie for bring the True North Gang together for a rewarding experience. If you are ever out here on the we(s)t coast, give me a call for a brew

Barney

DSCN3781.jpg

DSCN3782.jpg

DSCN3783.jpg

Edited by Barneydhc82

I forgot to post my recent builds on here. I wish I got to build the Lancaster MRs... but I'm really happy with these three.

1/72 Heller Sabre MK.IV with Arrow Decal set for 422 squadron.

4B4.jpg

4B7.jpg

1/72 Fujimi Sabre Mk.V with Canmilair decal for 427 Sqn.

4B3.jpg

4B6.jpg

4B5.jpg

1/72 Hobbycraft Banshee with Obscureco cockpit set. VF-871 (I think)

4B10.jpg

4B2.jpg

It was fun... I only wished I heard about it earlier so I had more time. Thanks to the hosts and those who participated... it was really an inspiration to look through everybody's great builds.

I was looking through this thread and realized that I forgot to post photos of my completed 3 Wing 1957 NATO Gunnery Meet Sabre. Here it is. The Red Ensign boo-boo on the tail has been corrected.

DSC_0008-6.jpg

DSC_0011-7.jpg

DSC_0009-5.jpg

DSC_0010-5.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0013-6.jpg

This build ends tomorrow. To all the participants: Fantastic work everyone. Some great builds and some neat memories too. To the moderators, Charlie Cheetah, RKic and Barneydhc82: Thank you for taking the time to suggest, organize and oversee this great group build. Judging by the participation, I don't think you would have much of a problem holding an On Canadian Wings GB, Ver 2.0 at all.

My hat is off to everyone. :clap2:

Mike

Sneaking two in under the wire here, and hopefully finishing up the third tomorrow. Thanks guys for putting the Group Build together. This was my first time participating in one, and I enjoyed it. I'll definately be particpating in more. Anyway, on to the finished stuff! Good thing Smell-o-vision hasn't been invented yet, otherwise you'd need to where a respirator while viewing these photos because of the paint/glue fumes!

First up, a Hasegawa Hornet Eggplane done up as a CF-18. Decals were by CanMilAir. This was my first time using decals from these guys, and I was very impressed by how thin they are and how well they went down.

5777306089_712168fd57_z.jpg

5777834206_a359be0fd1_z.jpg

5777309501_c71d8d0dc6_z.jpg

5777843630_19b151fb8d_z.jpg

And second up is a Revell 1/144 F-104 done up as a CF-104 in 417 Squadron retirement markings, also from CanMilAir.

5777312447_e5d121b244_z.jpg

5777840408_b18225ae89_z.jpg

5777288219_0f6dbfc2f4_z.jpg

5777831204_64f3cefcb3_z.jpg

And just to show how freaking tiny this sucker is:

5777837612_8de31acb3a_z.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to post finished pictures of a 1/144 CP-140 tomorrow..

-Dave

Personally I don't think the egg plane should be allowed. The panel lines are all wrong. He doesn't have the rivets in the proper order. What is this GB coming to? :whistle: Nice work really! :D