Ahhh, a couple of eggcelent builds there Dave.

Personally I don't think the egg plane should be allowed. The panel lines are all wrong. He doesn't have the rivets in the proper order. What is this GB coming to? :whistle: Nice work really! :D

Thanks guys. Although, 4 days of almost nostop building has left me a little...scrambled. :rolleyes:

Well after the last post I headed back to the desk to get just a bit more done before calling it quits for the night and ended up finishing off the Academy kit as well

5779230949_3cf699fdce.jpg

Academy F/A-18A 1/72 by mawz_models, on Flickr

5779231487_8bc1575a07.jpg

5779231961_ab0b623f15.jpg

And one shot with both.

5779232507_652d140677.jpg

Looks great Charlie!! So this means you are all set for next years shows?

Im just glad to have actually finished a GB Entry, I enter many GBs, I barely ever finish them on time... lol

Next build is for fun only. If it fits i nto a GB or special category, great, if not, c'est la vie.

Thanks Guys!

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

Wooo!!! Another one in the bag!

1/144 Arii P-3 done up as a CP-140 Aurora with markings by CanMilAir. The gray came out a little darker than I would have liked, but I'm fine with it.

5783904387_be0a086515_z.jpg

5783906991_201e96ed5e_z.jpg

5784465374_2101c316bf_z.jpg

5784468138_16625b2e2c_z.jpg

5784470596_95552f05e1_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Dave

In before the bell, don't have time to take any more professional pics, so a couple will have to do till I have time on the weekend. Groundschool is in full swing...and the weather is quite crappy also so no outside pics.

Balkan Rat and Tiger Meet Hornets:

129.jpg

And a top view of the Balkan Rat

132.jpg

2 done this year doubling my production from last year!

More pics to come

cheers

Mark

By my clock, it's 11:47 PM...

Here are pics of my finished Mustang Mk 4:

101_0031.jpg

101_0030.jpg

101_0029.jpg

I'm going to wait a little bit before setting to a new build, though! I think I may have pushed myself a bit too hard to get this build done in time, I know there's places I could've done a better job with, but... eh. It doesn't look bad on the shelf, so it's good enough. (And, it /is/ only a prop! ;) )

Thank you to the organisers of the GB! This was my first GB, and it was a lot of fun to see everyone else's great work. While that applies to ARC in general, I found that with this GB, I looked at /every/ build posted with great interest because of the theme! So I look forward to the next such thing, and I'd like to thank the organisers again, and everyone else, too, for sharing their great work! :)

Well looks like another great GB is over my as it been 6 months already

Amazing models where built

Thanks to the hosts :salute:

Cheers

Neo

I had to look 3 times and magnify the Sword pics...because the roundels do not belong on the Sword. They are for the much later Canadian Forces New Leaf markings.

Barney

Hasegawa is to blame. Not only did they give the colors wrong in the instructions, but they also gave wrong decals! I didn't know it at the time and I was in a hurry to get the kit ready for a contest, so it will carry the wrong markings forever. Pity...

By my clock, it's 11:47 PM...

Here are pics of my finished Mustang Mk 4:

101_0031.jpg

I'm going to wait a little bit before setting to a new build, though! I think I may have pushed myself a bit too hard to get this build done in time, I know there's places I could've done a better job with, but... eh. It doesn't look bad on the shelf, so it's good enough. (And, it /is/ only a prop! ;) )

Hey, its a great job from where I am. I love the clean finish and the subject matter. I've got the old Arrow set for it in 1/72, did you use that one in 48 or another?

Hey, its a great job from where I am. I love the clean finish and the subject matter. I've got the old Arrow set for it in 1/72, did you use that one in 48 or another?

Thanks! :)

I would assume in the aircraft-modelling world the same expression is used as in the railway modelling world, or something very similar: it's done to 3-foot scale - it looks great from 3' away! ;) But more seriously, thanks for the compliment. I've been noticing that each build gets a little bit nicer...

I used the 1/48 Arrow set for this - got quite a scare as I started putting them down, the clear film turned a milky yellow and almost opaque! But a little solvaset and after they dried, they turned out quite nicely!

Almost time to wrap it up guys, an hour and 20 minutes to go here on the east coast, Ill give this til midnight Vancouver time to make it official, still some time to finish up any last minute details, might even be enough time for Phantom to build another model... :woot.gif:

Thank you everyone for taking part in this and for putting up with me. Tommorrow evening Ill list all the completed entries and confer with my fellow mods before raffling off the prizes. There should be a lot to go around. If you havent yet posted your finished models, be sure to post them in this thread to be eligible for the raffle. Once again, thank your participation.

Well the weekend is here and I had time to take some better pics: Hasegawa CF-18 in Balkan Rat Markings.

031.jpg

019.jpg

018-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg

This was definitely the better of the 2 kits to build. Pics of the Tiger Meet to follow.

-Mark

And the Hobby Boss 1992 Tiger Meet

042-1.jpg

053.jpg

041.jpg

045.jpg

036.jpg

057.jpg

Thanks for Looking! And thanks to the hosts for organizing this build, It forced me to start building after not finishing a model all last year! Now I did 2 this year, 200% improvement. Also thanks to ALF, its nice having a community hornet expert around!

Cheers -

Mark

Edited by GRAIL007