Hi Guys

just started this project. Im building my gf Dad Cessna he had to sell it last summer following a accident(broke is hard in a lader fall) and he misses it, plus i piloted that bird on a couple of occasions.

Going to have to do this quick i want to give it to him for X-mas

It Should look like this

pict0234t.jpg

Started on the interior last nigh. It is smudged with pasted wash

p1020423al.jpg

Thanks for looking eh

Cheers

Neo

Neo

Neat subject! How are you going to do the tail letters? I have a Challenger 604 to do, and I was debating doing it up with a civilian paint job of one I've flown (N604DD). My main show-stopper is a lack of ideas for doing the tail letters.

ALF

Well actually this is the minicraft boxing and most of the tail letters are on the sheet plus i scavenged the many leftovers from previous builds to find 2x 'W' and 2x 'O'

They might be a little small but its good enough for me

Cheers

Thanks Holmes

Here an update of last night work. This little one is coming along fast.

Although im not really in a hurry to start hand painting white ...Probably going to need more than 5 coats :explode:

p10204310.jpg

p1020437ch.jpg

had to do a little patch since the kit cowling had the hole for the front gear

p1020435y.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Nice, Neo.

Would ya do me a favour if ya still haven't glued the fuselage halves together, mate? Place both fuselage halves on a sheet of paper 'n' trace along the outline of the rudder all the way to the aft window 'n' under the tail cone all the way forward to the point where ya've ended tracing the upper outline. Scan it in a 100% size 'n' PM me the profiles, please.

Thanks,

Unc²

Thanks guy

@Unc² unfortunately the fuselage is already glued and i put the wings on before heading to bed last night

@Charlie thanks for the advice on the white but i find it much smoother to paint with gloss paint by hand mat is harder to make smooth paint job. As for Future i no longer dare to put it on any white paint as it yellowed the last time i did on my red and white EC-145 REGA

Will post some more progress tonight

Cheers

Neo

Hey looking good Neo.

Your lucky to have gotten to fly it a few times, I flew 2 Skyhawk 172's , C-GJKR + C-GEFQ while in Saskatchewan. Lovely birds to fly.

Kind of a neat statistic of mine being the Warbird and WWII history lover I am. I soled in C-GJKR on Dec 7 2004.

Edited by RescueDiver

Here is and update ....

white white white and more white.... not pic today but im guessing i can start striping the blue tonight

@RescueDiver did you fly them on wheels or floats? i flew around in alot of 152's and 182's on wheels but this plane was my firts float experience and it soo cool

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Neo

Hey Neo, both were wheels only. I would love to fly a float. My dad has been in aerospace his whole life and when I was a little giffer he was working for Air West in Vancouver. He managed to get us up for a flight in a Dehaviland Twin Otter on floats. I remember standing on the landing ramp while he fired up the engines and the spray and propwash blowing in my face. We did that with allot of planes...it used to blow me back a bit......THAT.....is where my love of airplanes started. I think I was 6 or 7 but I remember it like yesterday. I will have to look but he actually found pictures of the Twin Otter we went up in.....I want to model it!!.

Edited by RescueDiver
Neo,

Had to chuckle..... is the advil for the thought of all that white stuff falling in your area?

Coming along great.

Emil

Nah its more for the 6 coats of white i had to put on this bird!!

Speaking of background, you can see in my last pis the intake for my 1/32 F-16 that as big as the Cessna

Cheers

Neo

That is looking fantastic! You are doing a really nice job on this.

I wish I would have taken a look at this thread a couple of weeks ago, because there is one thing that I noticed. I kind of feel like an *** for bringing this up, because your work is fantastic. If you compare the photo of the airplane to the model, you'll notice that the struts for the floats are on backwards. Unfortunately, it is a problem with the kit itself. Not sure why Academy did it that way, but there it is. Like i said, looks great, I just wish I could have interjected before you got to this stage.

-Dave