All right now us Hosers can start building Canadian airplanes, eh. I found a dead mouse so I am going to put it in a model box and ask the manufacturer to send me a new kit, eh, as there was a dead mouse in the first!! Now don't you Hosers tell them, eh.

So I will use the shot gun approach to doing a GB, get out a bunch of kits eh, and hope at least one gets done.

One of the main birds will CF188907, the AETE dual we had when I was there. Interesting story about my first trip. I had several trips in the F-5, fun to fly, Alf will understand that, and then had my first go at the Hornet. I was going up with 'Latch' and he planned a max performance TO (airborne in burner, level just over the runway, then before hitting he end pull straight up and climb in this to 16,000 ft, pull back there then roll right side up. You get to altitude and haven't passed the end of the runway!!! So we wander out to the jet on this cold (Cold Lake eh) Jan. morning and strap in, light the fire s and roll. Cleared for take off, eh. burner lites and we are rolling, get airborne, so far plan is going well, then damn, I'm thrown forward into the seat straps like an F-5 when the brake chutes inflates. Me, what's happening. I scan the cockpit looking for red flashing lites, nothing and just happened to glance out the r/s of the bird, the shadow shows the gear still hanging, oops not part of the plan. Well by the time the gear are tucked into the wells we are almost up to the range, oh well. Chit happens. Latch explained there is micro switch on the main gear that prevents accidental retraction when on cumulo granite, it was frozen so the gear wouldn't come up. He cycled the gear lever a couple of times and the gear did it's thing, finally. So we enter CLAWR and do some lo-level then get called by out Test Range Officer (RO), can we do some simulated cruise missile profiles to help the Techs with their tracking, sure no problem. We do several passes then call Bingo fuel and tell the RO we will fly by the tower on the way back to base. OK, eh, it had snowed over nite and our tower (about 3 stories hi) has it's bright orange roof covered with snow. Larch turns for the tower and I can see from the back seat that he is at about Flight Level 4th story!! Just as he reaches the tower he calls out on the radio, "Any one still in there?" Then pulls up and zooms over the building, I do the Goose thing in time to see all the snow depart the roof. Great trip, so I wander back into my office upstairs and the phone rings, it was the RO, would it be possible for the pilot to buy to buy a new pair of shorts for the Sgt., his were now discoloured, eh?!? Seems the Sarge was on the approach side of the tower not paying attention to the 'Flyboys', big mistake, he heard the radio call, turned to see the belly of a Hornet, hear the roar, at some point here he is diving for the floor, then the windows were obscured by this white stuff!! Well he was just a tad annoyed but the long drive back from PLER cooled him off. The first of a few trips in the Hornet, what a blast, eh!

Second bird I am looking at is CF188707, then I have an Astra Vac Tutor, the new Sword T-Bird, and I could try to do another MousySteer, and all these birds could be done with AETE markings.

So now we see what happens.

Take off, eh!!

Sounds like a plan eh....Send any extra mice to Tilt for the bottles he must have in his fridge and he can cash in too eh...The Sword kit is nice but needs to be Canadianized and needs the flaps separated. Shame about the flaps but the Czechs didn't mold them separate in the new 1/32 kit either so at least I think we have it easier than the big scale guys...(you may also note that the tip tank refueling caps are scribed wrong on the outboard instead of inboard side of the tank, maybe it can be overlooked but if the tanks are red [or black at that point depending on the scheme] and the cap is silver, it might get noticed).....Good Luck

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN
All right now us Hosers can start building Canadian airplanes, eh. I found a dead mouse so I am going to put it in a model box and ask the manufacturer to send me a new kit, eh, as there was a dead mouse in the first!! Now don't you Hosers tell them, eh.

So I will use the shot gun approach to doing a GB, get out a bunch of kits eh, and hope at least one gets done.

One of the main birds will CF188907, the AETE dual we had when I was there. Interesting story about my first trip. I had several trips in the F-5, fun to fly, Alf will understand that, and then had my first go at the Hornet. I was going up with 'Latch' and he planned a max performance TO (airborne in burner, level just over the runway, then before hitting he end pull straight up and climb in this to 16,000 ft, pull back there then roll right side up. You get to altitude and haven't passed the end of the runway!!! So we wander out to the jet on this cold (Cold Lake eh) Jan. morning and strap in, light the fire s and roll. Cleared for take off, eh. burner lites and we are rolling, get airborne, so far plan is going well, then damn, I'm thrown forward into the seat straps like an F-5 when the brake chutes inflates. Me, what's happening. I scan the cockpit looking for red flashing lites, nothing and just happened to glance out the r/s of the bird, the shadow shows the gear still hanging, oops not part of the plan. Well by the time the gear are tucked into the wells we are almost up to the range, oh well. Chit happens. Latch explained there is micro switch on the main gear that prevents accidental retraction when on cumulo granite, it was frozen so the gear wouldn't come up. He cycled the gear lever a couple of times and the gear did it's thing, finally. So we enter CLAWR and do some lo-level then get called by out Test Range Officer (RO), can we do some simulated cruise missile profiles to help the Techs with their tracking, sure no problem. We do several passes then call Bingo fuel and tell the RO we will fly by the tower on the way back to base. OK, eh, it had snowed over nite and our tower (about 3 stories hi) has it's bright orange roof covered with snow. Larch turns for the tower and I can see from the back seat that he is at about Flight Level 4th story!! Just as he reaches the tower he calls out on the radio, "Any one still in there?" Then pulls up and zooms over the building, I do the Goose thing in time to see all the snow depart the roof. Great trip, so I wander back into my office upstairs and the phone rings, it was the RO, would it be possible for the pilot to buy to buy a new pair of shorts for the Sgt., his were now discoloured, eh?!? Seems the Sarge was on the approach side of the tower not paying attention to the 'Flyboys', big mistake, he heard the radio call, turned to see the belly of a Hornet, hear the roar, at some point here he is diving for the floor, then the windows were obscured by this white stuff!! Well he was just a tad annoyed but the long drive back from PLER cooled him off. The first of a few trips in the Hornet, what a blast, eh!

Second bird I am looking at is CF188707, then I have an Astra Vac Tutor, the new Sword T-Bird, and I could try to do another MousySteer, and all these birds could be done with AETE markings.

So now we see what happens.

Take off, eh!!

Flyboy

Thanks for posting that great story! Looking forward to seeing what sprays out of your modeling 'shotgun.'

ALF

OK first shot from the 'Modelling Shotgun', be prepared!!

First my modelling assistant, this is Baby, always nearby when I'm building, she's hi-maintenance!!

She's lying around in the sun wanting to know when we go to the 'Man Cave' again.

baby1.jpg

The bits and pieces for the Dual Hornet;

OCWgb-1.jpg

From left to right an Airwaves, actually Eduard detail set, Reheat belts, with one seat with painting handle attached, work on the 'pit', the Dr. Pepper seamless intakes, Wolf Pack wings but I may only use the flaps (warpage) and finally a bunch of etch HUDs.

This is a short update as the kompewter is running r e a l l y s l o w ...................

Here's the shots I couldn't load the other day;

OCWgb-2.jpg

The seat with it's holding stick, a piece of rod glued in where the seat rocket motor would be, will just cut off excess when ready to install. The other bit is the 'pit' with modified side walls. I cut them off and added a strip of .020 card. The seats are really snug in the 'pit' so the extra width makes it fit and look better.

OCWgb-3.jpg

Here the panels and their holding sticks, just some parts of the sprue so I can paint and detail without get my fat digits in the way!!

Yeah that's the plan but what if the warp comes back???? I've heard lots of people say this but no one has ever come back to say, "Well here we are 6 months down the road and the wing is still straight." So if I use just the flaps then it won't be a big problem and I have a set of flaps to use for my own master. Just me seeing the worst possibility in things!

Now to rebuild the 'pit' and get some painting done in the 'cocktub', eh. Oh and some on the lounge chairs as well.

Yeah that's the plan but what if the warp comes back???? I've heard lots of people say this but no one has ever come back to say, "Well here we are 6 months down the road and the wing is still straight." So if I use just the flaps then it won't be a big problem and I have a set of flaps to use for my own master. Just me seeing the worst possibility in things!

Now to rebuild the 'pit' and get some painting done in the 'cocktub', eh. Oh and some on the lounge chairs as well.

Well will a year later help? :jaw-dropping:

Haven't finished the build but the wings are attached and straightened and holding their shape so don't worry.

:rofl:

Emil