Eduard vs Ultracast

Looking for others thoughts on whether they prefer Ultracast resin seats or using Eduard color PE belt sets for 1/48 WWII planes. I have only had personal experience with Ultracast, I have never used Eduard PE belt sets before, I have heard some say they are hard to work with you have to be very gentle as you can chip the pre-painted parts easily.

I am on the fence, I am not sure if paiting a resin seat with all the belt and buckle detail can look as nice as the color PE belts.

Would appreciate others opinions and experiences and what they prefer and why?

I like quality resin seats with the belts molded in better. To me, PE belts just don't look right. They don't hang naturally and one cannot fold them against themselves and make them look right. And the painted ones? I normally repaint them anyway because the factory paint is usually the wrong color or simply way to bright. And weathering the belts don't work very well.

Back in my AMS days I aquired many sets of PE belts and will use them until they are gone. Once gone, that's it. I'll make my own out of tape like I did for my recent corsair.

Edited by hkshooter

I used some pre-painted belts from Eduard.They sucks to me.I'modell in 1/72 and make my belds from tape,yogurt cup lids etc.Buckles is the greatets problem.I really like to see a producer to make them in great numbers,in all styles.

No pre-painted Eduard for me anymore.Like the former said,the color is'nt always right.Leave them alone.

Reg. Han Krol.

I prefer Ultracast resin seats, though sometimes I like PE belts, but not the colour ones - I hate having to pay extra for painted PE belts, which I overpaint anyway. Eduard should bring out their colour PE set also unpainted at a cheaper price.

Looking for others thoughts on whether they prefer Ultracast resin seats or using Eduard color PE belt sets for 1/48 WWII planes. I have only had personal experience with Ultracast, I have never used Eduard PE belt sets before, I have heard some say they are hard to work with you have to be very gentle as you can chip the pre-painted parts easily.

I am on the fence, I am not sure if paiting a resin seat with all the belt and buckle detail can look as nice as the color PE belts.

Would appreciate others opinions and experiences and what they prefer and why?

And lets not forget that the kit seats usually are not well represented in plastic, so a resin seat goes a long way to fix this as well.