Alright b'ys, lets get this started! I figure if I make a post, I'll encourage myself to move this project along. I'll be scratchbuilding a 1/48 2-33A glider in the markings of the Atlantic Region Gliding School (RGSA). Progress will be at a snail's pace, but I'll try and put up at least one a week. First, an "in box" shot.

IMGP3895.jpg

The wing and horizontal stabilizer are from my first try at this build, most of which is packed away at the moment. I may reuse some of it, but the major bits will all be redone. Hopefully, I'll finish before June :o

Very interesting, but that's one weird 'box'?

What's the yellow & green thing on the right side of the pic? Is that what you use to whip yourself into a modelling frenzy? :cheers:

For sure, you don't have one? :P No, its a bit of 1:1 scale tow rope. When we were bored on the field (a rare occurance) we'd have to practice splicing it. It's one of my many relics from my glider training.

Awesome. What are you using for references? If you need it, I've got "Sailplanes by Schweizer" that has drawings in it with fuselage profiles and some pretty good pictures. If it would help at all, let me know and I can take some good digital pictures of the pages and send them to you.

-Dave