1/32 CT-133. Now, for a couple 1/48s!

You frighten me sometimes Elmo. :unsure:

:rofl:

Good to know even the big guys are afraid.

Anyhow great work as always!!! PM me when you have time. I work this weekend but I have next Wednesday to Friday off.

:cheers:

Emil

:rofl:

Good to know even the big guys are afraid.

Anyhow great work as always!!! PM me when you have time. I work this weekend but I have next Wednesday to Friday off.

:jaw-dropping:

Emil

I am at work all weekend too. Sure to hit AV at some point.

I am at work all weekend too. Sure to hit AV at some point.

I won't be.... my driving partner takes his time in the morning and AV world closes by the time I get out of jail er work I mean.

• 1 month later...

I went downstairs to take a photo of where I stand on number two. It looks EXACTLY the same as number one at this point so I'll just use the same photo.

DSC_0280-2.jpg

Now, there are a couple differences. This time I left a good chunk of the pour tabs on the bottom of the ejection seats. They sit MUCH better in the airframe this way.

I put the front landing gear on before glueing the fuselage together. It is MUCH stronger this way. And as mentioned it looks exactly the same as the first photo.

Its a good kit. Looks dang nice finished but boy it sure likes the putty. This kit uses just slightly less on the bottom however just as much in the wing joints. I'd guess the gap in both wings to fuselage was between 2 and 3mm.

And I still can not put the canopy crank in with the cockpit with out having to butcher the crank to get it to fit.

Right then, here be a question.

Airframe number. I am considering doing this model in the early 80's cam. I was thing either 133052 or 133069. Now after looking at the other great CT-133s about this build I am leaning towards 133393.

All ready a silver and a grey of 393 here on site.

If 393 I would think just after its transfer from Base Flight in Germany to 414 squadron in North Bay.

Phantom

If you don't have enough 3s, you could try some 414 sqn aircraft or Cold Lake Base Flight.

In 1986, I flew the following ones from each unit:

Base Flight Cold Lake

618, 599, 452, 581, 540, 443, 599, 504

414 North Bay

471, 393, 483, 441, 083, 490, 450, 543, 604, 500

They were all natural metal colour at the time, as far as I recall.

In 1988, I flew one in Baden, tail 052. I don't recall, but it was very probably painted the green variegated camo at the time.

As far as light grey overall goes, one I flew twice in Bagotville in that scheme doesn't help you at all: 333!

ALF

No thoughts on the number? Only thought I have is I don't think I have enough 3s in the right scale.

Here is how #2 sits right this minute.

DSC_0445.jpg

Forgot to mention - the cockpit and seat height is looking better on this one. Looks like you found the right place to glue it in.

ALF

Gorgeous work, Shawn!

I too am jealous of the fact you have enough bare 'ramp space' to display all those big models in the variegated camo. If it weren't for the depth of field in the photo, and the sidewalk, it would be easy to imagine they were real, parked on the ramp and ready for action.

ALF

On a CT-133 kick. Started two Academy ones. One will be a overall silver Royal Canadian Navy bird. The other will be 21500 in full Golden Hawk markings.

Both kits will have aftermarket. Verlindin for the navy and KMC for the GH. So far the only problem, and its a big problem is one of my sealed when I bought them kits did not come with clear parts.

I ripped the canopy off an old build (133504) and will fix poor 504 later. The 1/48 kits go together much faster then the 1/32 kits. Hardly any parts in comparison.

Other problem I am having is the lack of references for my navy bird. Belcher Bits decals for this one. Now, I trust the instructions but I am thinking about using the white ensign. Pretty sure they planes were dayglow when the ensign was used. Problem here is trying out how to get a (scale) two inch silver surround on the numbers on the nose. ********Lucky for me Bill at Canmilair came to the rescue!!!!!!!

Edited by phantom