KULULA FLYING 101 Boeing 737-800

since Greg at Draw decals released this scheme back in November ive been wanting to do it , i had an old 737-800 model that was in need of a repaint a Suncountry one i built a few years back

i added my own made Blended winglets and have been trying to find a good colour match i found Humbrol 38 to be very close

heres a picture of the test piece i used

SH104051.jpg

this is the old model im using all sanded down and ready for repaint , this is this models 3rd repaint

SH104055.jpg

Im going to spray the fuselage tommorow still need to order the decals

Richard

Edited by RICH W
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings Rich

looks like you've done a great job on the Kulua 738. Well done!

I received the Iran Air 747 and SP decals along with Qatar A330 300 sheet on Wednesday, despatched last friday so very good, pit Brasil decals can't do that!!

The sheets are fabulissimo all regs etc, I'll drop Philippe Leonard a line of appreciation.

cheers

Lloyd

Greetings Rich

looks like you've done a great job on the Kulua 738. Well done!

I received the Iran Air 747 and SP decals along with Qatar A330 300 sheet on Wednesday, despatched last friday so very good, pit Brasil decals can't do that!!

The sheets are fabulissimo all regs etc, I'll drop Philippe Leonard a line of appreciation.

cheers

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd

glad you got the decal sheets ok , im just awaiting a replacement decal coming for the other side cause i messed the first one up when trying to apply it

im back on my 767-400ER Conversion now just spraying the white and trying to get rid of the joins

Richard

Hi

thanks for the comments

just received the replacement decal for the right side today from Drawdecal to save me having the same problem with maybe messing the decal up i decided to trim some of the lettering of to make it easier to apply the long decal

heres a picture as far as i have got

Kulula101737-800-4.jpg

started the right but i have messed the main decal up on this side, another one is on its way

Did it fall apart on you by any chance? Cause it did on me (see my thread for pics)...

...i decided to trim some of the lettering of to make it easier to apply the long decal

Did you do the whole thing in once piece at first/on the other side?!

Either way, looks good, I wish I was done with the decals too. :worship:

Oh and I forgot to ask - did you use any clear coat or decal film before applying the decals?

no i did not use clear coat on the decal sheet before applying according to the instructions you dont need to ,on some of Gregs older decals you used to have to

Did it fall apart on you by any chance? Cause it did on me (see my thread for pics)...

Did you do the whole thing in once piece at first/on the other side?!

Either way, looks good, I wish I was done with the decals too. :lol:

No the decal did not break up on me i just got it all folded over and could not recover it

On the left side i did that all in one piece didnt cut the decal

Richard

• 2 weeks later...