Oh, BTW Squadron white putty sucks.... Anyone got a suggestion for good putty? The other stuff I use is MrWhite putty from Gunze which is very good but can't be shaped with nail polish remover...

Have you tried using Denatured alcohol? Another alternative is to use Tamiya Putty.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished!!

Weathered using Pastel chalks and citadel Black wash. This is the first time I have tried the citadel wash and, although I quite like the effect that it has had on the metal areas, I am not a massive fan. I find it to hard to control and once on, it's ON! Nothing takes this stuff off. Oh well was worth a try...

I will continue to experiment with washes till I find one that I like. Anyone got tips on washes over enamel??

Anyway, on to the pictures!!

England152.jpg

England146.jpg

England151.jpg

England150.jpg

England131.jpg

England134.jpg

England135.jpg

England133.jpg

• 2 months later...

geez - this one slipped right by me. Sorry I left it so late to comment - I was browsing the older threads and thought I'd drop in and see how you were progressing on this build - I didn't even realise you'd finished it until now.

Mate - great work on this! I love these Viper MK II's and yours is really well done. You have weathered it just the right amount without ruining it and the fact you painted on the stripes makes it all the more impressive for me

Thankyou for sharing your work Nimrod :)