And thats just his Canadian aircraft! :blink:

thanks Charlie, actually thats just 26 out of the 111 Canadians currently on the shelves. BTW yours are top notch QUALITY!!!!

Edited by phantom
Here is my Favorite...... Not the greatest but my 1 and only GB finish.

2544165170034470781S500x500Q85.jpg

and here is the 1/144th version I did for CanMilAir

2818918650034470781S500x500Q85.jpg

:woot.gif:

Emil

Cool in such a small size. That scheme is the GB prize that I'm offering up for this one - in 1/32.

ALF

Cool in such a small size. That scheme is the GB prize that I'm offering up for this one - in 1/32.

ALF

Funny thing no one remembers the unofficial 1991 scheme which is the one I've depicted A/C 188769. The 1992 Official scheme which Leading Edge depicted is the one most remember The officially sanctioned A/C 188764.

Both Just really Cool birds.

:whistle:

Emil

Funny thing no one remembers the unofficial 1991 scheme which is the one I've depicted A/C 188769. The 1992 Official scheme which Leading Edge depicted is the one most remember The officially sanctioned A/C 188764.

Both Just really Cool birds.

:cheers:

Emil

Very good point - I got mine mixed up. I had seen both schemes, but somehow I keep getting the two confused, given they look very similar, and the tail numbers are nearly the same.

ALF

Hey all

I'm somewhat of a lurker on this forum but I'm psyched to contribute in this one GB. I don't have many Canadian aircraft, which is kinda sad given I live here.

1/72 Hasegawa Mustang IV 442 Squadron RCAF (OOB)

2c12.jpg

1/72 Tamiya Robert Hampton Gray's Corsair 1841 Squadron, Royal Navy.

1f3.jpg

1/72 MPM Welly III 402 Allouette Squadron RCAF (this was a weekend build... so quality wasn't the best.... that and this aircraft was heavily sooted.)

2AA6.jpg

Hey all

I'm somewhat of a lurker on this forum but I'm psyched to contribute in this one GB. I don't have many Canadian aircraft, which is kinda sad given I live here.

1/72 Hasegawa Mustang IV 442 Squadron RCAF (OOB)

2c12.jpg

1/72 Tamiya Robert Hampton Gray's Corsair 1841 Squadron, Royal Navy.

1f3.jpg

1/72 MPM Welly III 402 Allouette Squadron RCAF (this was a weekend build... so quality wasn't the best.... that and this aircraft was heavily sooted.)

2AA6.jpg

Richard, Those aircraft look very nice, I really like the Mustang. I've been wanting to do one of those in 1/48 or 1/32 some day. A late friend of my father's flew with 425 Alouette Squadron during the war, he could have very much flown on tha pericular Wellington.

Alright,

I'm seriously thinking of jumping in on this one. Got the Revell P-3 kit + some Eduard photoetch, with plenty of updating planned. My big concern is availability of complete decals that are up to date.

My insipration:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canada---Ai...dd49b37aa69ccc6

Welcome to the GB, Id love to see that Aurora built. Check out www.CanMilAir.com, they do all kinds of custom decals for Canadian MIlitary aircraft, you could have a set done for a specific airferame even. There is also a discount available for GB entrants, send me a PM to find out how.

FlightDecs was also supposed to release a set of 1/72 decals for the CP-140. Check them out at www.flightdecs.ca

There is also a discount available for GB entrants, send me a PM to find out how.

Now you tell me!

I just received "shipped" notice on my Argus decals. And by the time I get to doing a 407 Sqn Aurora, the GB'll be over.

But no matter - the decals aren't terribly priced anyways! :)

Now you tell me!

I just received "shipped" notice on my Argus decals. And by the time I get to doing a 407 Sqn Aurora, the GB'll be over.

But no matter - the decals aren't terribly priced anyways! :(

Oops, Im pretty sure I mentioned it in my pm to you. Did I forget to send it?

Yes they do, 229, 230 and *231 are the ones I might use one day if I ever find a 1/72 Argus.

(*most likely) Bill also as sheet 494 which is decals to represent the windows for the Argus.

Oops, Im pretty sure I mentioned it in my pm to you. Did I forget to send it?

I don't have a PM from you in my inbox, so...

I look forward to getting the decals. I also ordered the window set, since I'm using a vacform kit as a basis. Not much fun. But it /is/ giving me practice on seamwork! Will probably start working on the MAD boom today.

I'm sure CanMilAir will have it, but are there any other sources for 1/144 or 1/72 decals for a 407 Sqn lightning-stripe Aurora? The other day I found the 407 Sqn patch I got when I was a Cadet (it has a white lightning-stripe Aurora on it), so I'd like to do one of those eventually.

I have a decal set for a lightning-stripe Neptune (Arrow Graphics, 1/72). But I'm rather uncertain what to do. Apart from the Argus (1/144) and a Hungarian MiG-21PF I did as a memorial (1/48), I build in 1/72 - hence why I got the Neptune decals in that scale. But with the Argus underway in 1/144, I was thinking that perhaps I should do all the big Canadian ASW planes (Argus, Aurora, Neptune, Tracker) in 1/144. But... is there a 1/144 Neptune besides the Aeroclub kit? How hard is that to find? Or a Tracker in 1/144? I doubt severely I'll find a Britannia in 1/72 to kitbash... I've seen only a vacform kit that went for 86 quid on ebay... so I dunno what to do!