Italeri 1/72 Rafale M is still the best in 1/72 :(

These sad news comes to me today, when I have a chance to compare Italeri and Hobbyboss kits. On the very first glance it was clearly seen that the Hobbyboss kit, having been very close to Italeri's in overal shape, is noticeably smaller - not in one, but in all dimensions (wingspan, wing chord, fuselage lenght...). Measuring of this kit's wingspan (with rocket rails on tips) gives 142 mm. Wingspan of real Rafale, as Dassault states ( http://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/defens...istics.html?L=1 ) is 10.8 m, that in 1/72 gives 150 mm. Where are missing 8 mm - almost a santimetre?!!!

It seems that those chinese, when rescaling electronic mockup of Rafale to 1-72, takes as 150 mm not the wingspan, but the span of the entire model - with Magics on wingtip rails! As a result, we all have pretty kit in precise 1-76 - very nice addition to old Airfix and Matchbox kits in this scale....

This, of course, the same with other Hobbyboss Rafales in 1-72 - the sprues almost all the same... I have not measured the sprues other than fuselage halves, but there is the same picture - Hobbyboss parts are smaller than Italeri ones...

As for Italeri kit, it, with all this inaccuracies, is in the 1-72 - and still the only Rafale M in this scale :wave:

How a bad luck... :whistle:

Or may be I'm wrong? May be I have make some mistake in this little research?

I was so happy with this kit. I'm hoping you are wrong but appreciate your efforts in measuring the span.

So I was happy to dream about this kit...I was waiting for it... I was in hope that this wil be the best Rafale kit ever...That there will be a good amount of aftermarket for it... It all is, but not in 72 scale. :thumbsup: I just measured Magic missile of Italeri kit - the lenght in precise 1-72. Hobbyboss's Magics are smaller...

Wingspan of Italery's Rafale with tip rocket rails - 147 mm, but the rails themselves a bit thin, even compare with Hobbyboss ones. With correct launchers the Italeri's kit wingspan will be right 150 mm (or, may be little, for 1mm or so, smaller.

So it is more and more evident that the scale of hobbyboss is 1-76 - all of the parts... And I'm right, though hoping to be wrong. :monkeydance:

Unfortunately, the wingspan of a/c and Magic's lenght are only dimensions of Rafale for what I'm more or less sure. Lenght and height of any a/c may vary depending of what they are - dimesions of a/c on ground or along the horisontal flight line, with or without antennae and probes, with what load onboard, etc.

I'm sorry to disappoint someone, but the most dissapointed person for this founding is myself... I want 1-72 Rafale, not 1-76 one... And I really see the difference of these scales... :yahoo:

Edited by Snorry