Hasegawa 1/48 FW190D-9?

.........and what is wrong with the Tamiya D-9?

Most people feel the wheel size and prop size are too small, as well as some cowling shape issues. Personally, I love Tamiya's D9. I don't have Eduard's, but Tamiya's does it for me. Again, Personally, I feel a replacement prop is necessary but I can live with the wheels and shape.

Aaron

For one there are a couple issues with the Eduard kit, they may seem petty but they missed the exhaust guard, the tail is a bit thick. I do agree the Eduard D-9 kit is easier to build vs their FW190A kits. Tamiya, issues are too short landing gear, wheels are too small, wheel bay is closed up totaly wrong so now you have to buy the Tamiya kit and how much extra money for MDC wheel well conversion, resin wheels, etc. The Tamiya FW190A's have issues too with the molded on gun barrels, wheel bays are not that accurate and great, but keep in mind these are much older molds, Tamiya just add some new updated parts and release kits like the F8 and the A8/R2.

The Hasegawa kits are very nice, newer molds, fit is great, so I would like to see Hawegawa do a D-9.

Probably Hasegawa will release a D-9, as they already have the excellent 1/32 scale kit, all they need to do is shrink it to 1/48, I have all their Antons series and would like to see how their D-9 will match against Eduard´s ones, BTW, I have all Eduard´s langnasen Doras, and they´re superb kits!

Probably Hasegawa will release a D-9, as they already have the excellent 1/32 scale kit, all they need to do is shrink it to 1/48, I have all their Antons series and would like to see how their D-9 will match against Eduard´s ones, BTW, I have all Eduard´s langnasen Doras, and they´re superb kits!

good thing I was never crazy about the D9, or this would be some serious implications for future modeling projects. Im thinkin Tamiya FW-190 A8/R8 diorama as one of my next birds, if I can get the camo-painting down.

I think my dislike of the D9 has more to do with the fact that it entered the war too late to have an impact, but a brand new FW-190 A8, prior to the Normandy Landings, with methanol injection must have been a dream to fly in '44. Anyone else like to think 'what if' the germans had their latewar planes, early war? Could of reversed the whole outcome of the game-changing 'Battle of Britain' And that question should have nothing to do with the master aryan race or the holocaust, outside of those horrible war crimes, the german war machine was pretty amazing for its time.

Edited by Superjew