Hey all,

Recently I've had a case of nostalgia and am wondering if anyone can help me figure out the names of two books from the late 70's early 80's. One was a VERY comprehensive book on Air-forces. All I remember was the cover had British F-4's or Buc's on it, I think. Maybe it was called AirPower? Anyway, it was between 200 and 400 pages,BIG book, and delved, in depth, into each nations air-force. It was STRICTLY late 70's early 80's.

The second was a book on the ANG and AFRES. This was from the 80's, included three view Camo schemes for all aircraft used by both services, though they were in black and white. It was a soft cover book, but I can't remember what was on the cover.

Well, that's all I can remember, if you can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Wulf

I have a book that maybe fits your description. The cover has disappeared long ago. I think I remember it having a Tomcat on it, not a Phantom. Anyway, it's called 'The Encyclopedia of World Air Power'. It's by Crescent Books of NY. The consultant Editor is Bill Gunston. It has 384 pages. It has a publish date of 1980. The first 60 or so pages covers each country's air forces. The next 300 or so pages alphabetically covers each aircraft. The last section covers air launched missiles. I've had the book since the 80's. I still grab it from time to time to leaf through it.

Edited by fasteagle12
I have a book that maybe fits your description. The cover has disappeared long ago. I think I remember it having a Tomcat on it, not a Phantom. Anyway, it's called 'The Encyclopedia of World Air Power'. It's by Crescent Books of NY. The consultant Editor is Bill Gunston. It has 384 pages. It has a publish date of 1980. The first 60 or so pages covers each country's air forces. The next 300 or so pages alphabetically covers each aircraft. The last section covers air launched missiles. I've had the book since the 80's. I still grab it from time to time to leaf through it.

I googled and found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Militar...s/dp/B000J0HHEI

This is the book I have. I found a revised version also available.

Nope that's not the one. I have a later edition of that one. I'm pretty sure the one I'm thinking off was published in the mid to late70's.

That's about the oldest aviation book I have and it pretty much fits your description. Let us know if you figure out which one you're looking for. Good luck in finding it.

• 10 years later...
  • 10 months later...