Srdjan, I think it looks pretty good. I would not have noticed the yellow leading edge being slightly larger than the other unless you pointed it out.

I just noticed this too - you have the 2 antenna bumps behind the cockpit on the fuselage spine in the black area - those would not be there on this jet, or any other Canadian Hornet.

Thanks for comments Ken. :jaw-dropping:

Regarding to antenna bumps, I did them because I saw they did exist on this particular plane - tthey can be seen on reference photo I've attached in first post :jaw-dropping:

I think that these bumps were specific detail for C version of Hornet - they are AN/ALQ-165 blister antenas. Canadian Hornets were without this detail I think, but American did have them.. maybe not all examples although?

Anyway, thanks for noticing details :jaw-dropping:

Cheers,

Srdjan

Thanks for comments Ken. :lol:

Regarding to antenna bumps, I did them because I saw they did exist on this particular plane - tthey can be seen on reference photo I've attached in first post :)

I think that these bumps were specific detail for C version of Hornet - they are AN/ALQ-165 blister antenas. Canadian Hornets were without this detail I think, but American did have them.. maybe not all examples although?

Anyway, thanks for noticing details :lol:

Cheers,

Srdjan

doh! my mistake - I was going back and forth between this group build and the Canadian one, and was thinking this model was your Canadian one. Sorry for the confusion!

Few days ago I painted tip of the radome with acrylic Model Master Radome Tan.

Today I gave Hornet a protective coat of Future, before the next phase on this kit - decals!

Preshading effect can be seen very well now, as Future "darkens" colour a bit....

Day17-03.jpg

Day17-04.jpg

I'll leave Future to cure few days, and then I'll go on with decals - hopefully everything will turn out ok...

Thanks for reading,

Srdjan

I guess we do have large coins here :lol: Thanks for comment Tonio :)

Anyway, I've been waiting for weekend to do the most awaited part of this build - decals!

Decals applied, the kit overcoated with protective layer of Future, so waiting for wash now...

Day18-01.jpg

Day18-02.jpg

Nose decals with yellow stripes aligned just fine, lighter gray in front of decals is repainted Dark Ghost Grey over gunmetal that was painted too wide on this place...

The other "problem" here is decal on vertical tail - white stars are overlapping with yellow leading edges, but that's up to me - leading edge stripes should've been more narrow, but, hey, this is 1/144 anyway :tease:

Day18-03.jpg

Day18-04.jpg

Day18-05.jpg

So, next phase is wash... stay tuned!

Cheers,

Srdjan

Edited by SrkiRad

It didn't take me too long to finish the wash and applying protective coat of varnish... :whistle:

Wash is done with artists Winsor & Newton oil colours - black and white, thinned with W&S white spirit.

After a while I've sprayed two different mixtures of varnish on model:

1. Grey surfaces were given a coat of MM Matt varnish (lacquer version packed in rounded bottle)

2. Black surfaces were sprayed with MM Semigloss + a bit of Matt, as reference photos shows that black surfaces were glossy.

Day19-01.jpg

Day19-02.jpg

You can see the difference beetween those two mixtures of varnish on this photo.

Day19-03.jpg

Day19-04.jpg

Day19-05.jpg

As I'm doing another Hornet for other groupbuild, here is the shot of both "bugs" with reference objects, in order to see the effect of preshading and wash in this tiny scale... B)

Day19-12.jpg

Day19-13.jpg

What was left to do is painting of tiny details and glueing of exhaust nozzles, landing gear and other small parts, and unmasking of canopy!

Hopefully, this build will be finished in a week...

Cheers, and thanks for reading,

all comments and/or critiques are very welcome!

Srdjan

What I was most afraid of was the question "Will this kit be tailsitter?". Well, it turned out all well! Kit stands steady on landing gear without any balast in nose!

Day20-01.jpg

Exhaust nozzles were brush painted with Model Master Metalizers (few shades), and buffed in the end - I will add some more weathering on them with a little help of Tamiya weathering sets...

Day20-02.jpg

Day20-03.jpg

Landing light on nose gear was painted with Model Master Chrome Silver, and after that I put "glass" over light. I've made "glass" from Microscale Kristal Klear, and glued it with gloss lacquer. I've also brush painted "traffic lights" below landing light - red, orange and green spots - red arrow shows these details.

Day20-04.jpg

I only have to glue wheelbays doors and few more details, and to paint few details, to do the subtle weathering "here and there", and I can call this one done in few days... :woot.gif:

Thanx for reading,

Srdjan

Today I can say the work on this project is finally done!

I've finished some small paintings and glued tiny details in recent days, and also weathered kit with Tamiya Weathering D set (exhaust nozzles with burnt orange and blue, and few oil stains on wings and on the bottom side of rear fuselage)

Enough words, here are the photos!

I hope you've enjoyed this build of mine as much as I did :thumbsup:

Thanx for reading and please do comment

Srdjan

Day27-02.jpg

Day27-03.jpg

Day27-06.jpg

Day27-13.jpg

Day27-15.jpg

Day27-16.jpg