Best 1/48th Prop Kit

Anyone willing to take a stab on what will be the next Tamiya new prop kit in 1/48th and when you think we may see it?

I heard they were working on a 48th B-17... :wave:

My guess is a Spitfire VIII or IX. Would be nice to see if they'd tackle the P-38/F-4/5 family. I realize Hasegawa and Academy have both done those, but it'd be nice to see Tamiya's take on things.

Jon

How does Tamiya's Focke Wolf and 109 compare to the others? I'm getting back into props and the only thing I've built with propellers come from Revell/Monogram.

I wasn't impressed with their 190s. Compared to the DML/Trimaster offerings, they just fell short on detail. Now granted the DML/Trimaster kits are a lot more difficult to build. The good thing about the Tamiya 190s is they go together so well, but a number of things that should have been easy (prop shapes, gear length) come up short. Comparing the DML/Trimaster kits to the real thing, shape-wise they're much more accurate. I can't comment on their 109E, since I haven't built one.

Jon

" Eduards 1:48 Fokker D-VIIhttp://www.internetmodeler.com/2005/septem...tion/Fokker.php "

I agree with this. There has been some nice WWII kits, But I feel that WWI prop modeling has advanced further than WWII kits. 1/48th and 1/32.